Home

Retractable Roofs Open?

This is a discussion on Retractable Roofs Open? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #9
Rookie

GoBlue7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Retractable Roofs Open?

Roofs never open within CFM. It has been that way for years. If you build a new retractable roof stadium, it is the same deal.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:38 PM   #10
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Clint just confirmed on Twitter that you still will not be able to open roofs in CFM. My question, why not? I just don't understand.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #11
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

That is a little bit of a bummer that we won't be able to have open roofs in CFM especially with the new frostbite engine and the improvements to the lighting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #12
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That is a little bit of a bummer that we won't be able to have open roofs in CFM especially with the new frostbite engine and the improvements to the lighting.
And why not? You can in play now and online. Why not in CFM?
Old 06-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #13
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
And why not? You can in play now and online. Why not in CFM?
I have no clue why. I would be fine with just having roofs open at random if it's to hard to let us pick if we want it open or closed.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #14
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Clint just confirmed on Twitter that you still will not be able to open roofs in CFM. My question, why not? I just don't understand.

Uggghhhhh!!!! I dealt with this last year!!! Lol. New atl Mercedes-benz stadium. I've lived in that damn dome for 20 years!!! I want to see the sunlight on the field!! And, with frostbite?!! Oh, man, seriously, this is actually pretty disappointing. And, it just really is one of those odd things. One can never know how tricky the code is unless he's a developer on the team. But, weather and open/closed stadiums should be an option for every single game in every single game mode. I just don't get this. And, speaking from a developer perspective, I truly find it hard to believe it would be that difficult. At some point in the code before the game itself loads, it's taking in environmental parameters like 'outside, rain, 4:00 pm'. In order to set these, u would need to rework the UI before the game starts to add those as possible parameters. I truly feel this might take like a week for 1 developer to accomplish. Lol. Oy, whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Uggghhhhh!!!! I dealt with this last year!!! Lol. New atl Mercedes-benz stadium. I've lived in that damn dome for 20 years!!! I want to see the sunlight on the field!! And, with frostbite?!! Oh, man, seriously, this is actually pretty disappointing. And, it just really is one of those odd things. One can never know how tricky the code is unless he's a developer on the team. But, weather and open/closed stadiums should be an option for every single game in every single game mode. I just don't get this. And, speaking from a developer perspective, I truly find it hard to believe it would be that difficult. At some point in the code before the game itself loads, it's taking in environmental parameters like 'outside, rain, 4:00 pm'. In order to set these, u would need to rework the UI before the game starts to add those as possible parameters. I truly feel this might take like a week for 1 developer to accomplish. Lol. Oy, whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sadly just not a priority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don't get this. Why in the world wouldn't they make it an option? It's a tiny bit of GUI work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »