Home

Clutch Trait?

This is a discussion on Clutch Trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2015, 07:05 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Clutch Trait?

I believe the QB clutch rate is extremely overpowered. I have seen teams come back from being 21 points down with less than 5 minutes to go. And not once or twice, but multiple times have teams rallied either right before the half or at the end of game to make up a 14 or 21 point deficit. It just happens all too often for my tastes.

Now, I should mention that I play Coach mode only. And sometimes when testing edits and sliders I even just watch the cpu vs cpu to see the effect of the edits. But I think the need to tone down what this trait does in next year's version. It is a good trait for players to have, but it does seem OP to me.

C
Old 11-01-2015, 05:53 AM   #10
Rookie

Firestarter333's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I believe the QB clutch rate is extremely overpowered. I have seen teams come back from being 21 points down with less than 5 minutes to go. And not once or twice, but multiple times have teams rallied either right before the half or at the end of game to make up a 14 or 21 point deficit. It just happens all too often for my tastes.

Now, I should mention that I play Coach mode only. And sometimes when testing edits and sliders I even just watch the cpu vs cpu to see the effect of the edits. But I think the need to tone down what this trait does in next year's version. It is a good trait for players to have, but it does seem OP to me.

C
I don't think that has anything to do with Clutch trait. It's just the CPU becoming OP and super human just to make a comeback.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestarter333
I don't think that has anything to do with Clutch trait. It's just the CPU becoming OP and super human just to make a comeback.
I do see it more for teams where the QB has Clutch = Yes. Probably multiple things involved, including defensive fatigue. But it is real. I am going to edit almost all QBs to have clutch = no except maybe just a couple.

And in classic rosters, you want to reserve that trait for guys like Elway, Montana, Unitas, Starr, etc...only the cream of the crop.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 04:45 AM   #12
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuySince95
So, in your opinion, what could I increase to attempt to combat the misfires?
No, I can not, for the life of me, imagine playing this game with QB accuracy at 50. In SOS we have QB accuracy at 40 and we still have guys throwing perfect passes far too often. 2nd and 3rd string guys can come in and go off for 300 yards far too often.

I can't imagine playing the game with it over 40. It probably is more realistic at 35

I just finished a season with my QB, Brock Osweiler, at QB, winning MVP (4200 yards, 37 TDs, 14 INTs, 69 completion percentage, 11 yards per attempt). That is with accuracy at 40.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:03 AM   #13
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone know what clutch does for a kicker. Maxed out accuracy and power is to expensive so I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #14
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

You could have used this bruh. :^)
Old 11-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #15
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

//
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuySince95
So, in your opinion, what could I increase to attempt to combat the misfires?
The default (50 on All-Madden) is enough to cause some frustration with QB's who have accuracy in the 80's. In a 32 man league 7 games in I have (87 SAC/90 MAC/76 DAC) with Cam and I have 2 interceptions on the year to 12 TD's and over 1,200+ yards (9 minute quarters).

However we have several users around 20 interceptions. It's about decision making, and being aware of the throws your guy can make (practice). Also pass leading away from where you're throwing on crossing patterns helps if your QB throws wide often, or use low if he tends to shoot it high. Take the completion over the YAC if you don't have a 90's + accuracy QB.

If you want to tighten up the accuracy a bit 55+ should get you there also.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

Last edited by Dj_MyTime; 11-03-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »