Home

Clutch Trait?

This is a discussion on Clutch Trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2015, 01:15 AM   #1
Rookie

GamerGuySince95's Arena

OVR: 0
Clutch Trait?

I'm in the postseason in my franchise, and won OROY with my QB Sean Mannion, he's got around 4.5k exp to spend. I was thinking about either upgrading his awareness (Currently sits in the low 50s) or saving about 1k more and giving him the clutch trait. Thoughts? I have no clue what exactly the trait affects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Firestarter333's Arena

Re: Clutch Trait?

IIRC, From what ive read the Clutch trait activates in the final 2 minutes of the game but only if your are losing by 1 TD or less. It increases your QB accuracy across the board and increases each person on your Line's pass block abilty. I would buy the clutch trait over AWR. unless you plan on Simming games then awr is pointless.

on offense clutch rating only triggers when you are down by 1 TD but on defense it is triggered whether you are winning OR losing by 1 TD or less.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Rookie

GamerGuySince95's Arena

Awareness has no bearing on a qb? I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my qb, literally every time I throw a lob pass it is errant. I thought maybe awareness had something to do with it
Old 10-29-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuySince95
Awareness has no bearing on a qb? I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my qb, literally every time I throw a lob pass it is errant. I thought maybe awareness had something to do with it
The errant passes are partially because of low awareness. I see no point in upgrading it to above 85 though unless other stats are already high.

What's his other throws like and what's your USER accuracy sliders at? That'll make a HUGE difference.

I like to get mine up to 70. It's a cheap upgrade, and I personally notice passes being placed in better spots when I use the left stick to direct the pass.

In my online league, I have a rookie QB with
AWR 65, THP 93, SAC 86, MAC 75, DAC 70, PAC 68 and I have sliders at 15 user accuracy I believe. This QB doesn't consistently miss passes like it sounds like yours does, but obviously isn't going 20-20. In my solo league I play at like 4 USER acc and passes are all over the place. I'll have to find out what his awareness is at, he's 88 OVR though.

About clutch, I've never purchased that for a developing QB. MAYBE for a QB like Luck, Newton, etc since they are already established.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #5
Rookie

GamerGuySince95's Arena

Mannion's bullet passes are on point, the only passes that miss are the lobs. He's got 88 throw power, 82 SAC, 81 MAC and 75 DAC. As I said, his awareness is 53. The league I'm in has qb accuracy at 38
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #6
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuySince95
Mannion's bullet passes are on point, the only passes that miss are the lobs. He's got 88 throw power, 82 SAC, 81 MAC and 75 DAC. As I said, his awareness is 53. The league I'm in has qb accuracy at 38
That is the reason right there, EA built in errant passes on the default accuracy (50).

Our league has traditionally lowered QB Accuracy for years to (10-25), this was the first year the misfires were acceptable in our opinion to not warrant a change for the user sliders.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 10-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
Rookie

GamerGuySince95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
That is the reason right there, EA built in errant passes on the default accuracy (50).
So, in your opinion, what could I increase to attempt to combat the misfires?
Old 10-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Firestarter333's Arena

Increase his short and mid accuracy 1st. I'm using Garappolo now in an online league and I have his short and mid accuracies both at 90 and he usually only has 1 or 2 off target passes a game and he only has 48 AWR. I do use pass lead but I rarely use the shoulder buttons to throw high or low bc when I 1st started playing with him hitting either shoulder button greatly increased bad passes, guess I could use them now though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »