Home

Madden Rookies - Can I PLEASE Just Change the Horrible Names?!

This is a discussion on Madden Rookies - Can I PLEASE Just Change the Horrible Names?! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden Rookies - Can I PLEASE Just Change the Horrible Names?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yep, CFM needs an overhaul, so, we might as well see what Rex and company have up their sleeves to turn CFM around next year.

Sounds like it's a high priority.

There are plenty of threads within the last year to choose from regarding CFM and the lack there of.
Its a high priority... For us. Not them cfm and draft champions generates additional revenue, cfm does not. We are an afterthought and we always will be.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by n7leadfarmer
Its a high priority... For us. Not them cfm and draft champions generates additional revenue, cfm does not. We are an afterthought and we always will be.

That is false, I wouldn't put that in writing if I didn't hear about it. One of the lead developers said in a interview in late August after 16 was released CFM is a priority going into Madden 17.

Rex hasn't been wrong, yet.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
That is false, I wouldn't put that in writing if I didn't hear about it. One of the lead developers said in a interview in late August CFM is a priority going into Madden 17.

Rex hasn't been wrong, yet.
Not that I have any reason to doubt you, but I do have plenty of reason to doubt EA Tiburon, so I shall not be holding my breath. I legitimately hope they come through on this though

Old 11-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
I'll get a screenshot later when I'm home, but the best name I've ever come across has to be Asian Hunter, a stud running back.

But I agree, I'm getting a whole load of duplicate names, and the same of default player pictures are annoying me too. I have a 5'9 180lb running back called Marquise Trayvon who's face is that of a 28 year old white O-Lineman.
See that completely breaks the game for me. I am already frustrated in year one... imagine what the league will look like in 10-15 years!!!

And to fix it - at a minimum - having the ability to change names and just turn off pictures (to black silhouette) would do SO MUCH to improve the franchise experience.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #21
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I just drafter Bryce Brice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 01:50 PM   #22
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by n7leadfarmer
Not that I have any reason to doubt you, but I do have plenty of reason to doubt EA Tiburon, so I shall not be holding my breath. I legitimately hope they come through on this though

I'm becoming a Rex Dickson fan.

A. Two years ago in a podcast he predicted DPI would be in the game in a year or two. It was added this year.

B. The last patch provided XP customization for online.

C. This interview with Shutdownsafety. Start listening at the 17 minute mark and on. He states CFM is a focus for 17.

Old 11-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was such as fan of Madden with 2005 all the way up to 12 but the franchise has made some horrible decisions in the subsequent years.

That said, I agree with Roadman that Rex seems to be fighting the good fight and keeping his promises. I actually have more faith in what M17 can be than I have in many years.

I still wonder about stuff like the locked named editing though as that could have been easily added and is not something that would have gotten cut due to time/resources. If Rex were really our champion, they could have made that happen this year at a very low dev cost and yet they seem to think that we are OK with a 5 or 10 year old dynasty filled with double names (Parker Parker anyone) and dudes that look like they work in EA office cubicles.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:10 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
I was such as fan of Madden with 2005 all the way up to 12 but the franchise has made some horrible decisions in the subsequent years.

That said, I agree with Roadman that Rex seems to be fighting the good fight and keeping his promises. I actually have more faith in what M17 can be than I have in many years.

I still wonder about stuff like the locked named editing though as that could have been easily added and is not something that would have gotten cut due to time/resources. If Rex were really our champion, they could have made that happen this year at a very low dev cost and yet they seem to think that we are OK with a 5 or 10 year old dynasty filled with double names (Parker Parker anyone) and dudes that look like they work in EA office cubicles.
Yep, I agree, I have reason to believe it's has been low on the priority list, plus, they have a new leader in CFM, Kolbe, who was formally with TheShow.

Let's just hope the priority is higher up on the list for 17.

Here is a website where one can vote for CFM improvements.

Full player editing is #1 on the charts.

http://cfmmovement.com/rank-your-cfm-priorities/

Last edited by roadman; 11-24-2015 at 02:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »