Home

Franchise CPU Signing Players

This is a discussion on Franchise CPU Signing Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2015, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Franchise CPU Signing Players

I tried searching for something related to this and can't seem to find anything. If there is another topic, please direct me there.

Anyways, I'm running an offline 32-team control franchise where every team is set to CPU for everything other than the team I'm using (Bucs). What I've found is that the CPU never signs players when other guys get injured or if I put someone on IR for them.

Example: If Tony Romo got hurt and the Cowboys only had 1 healthy QB, they won't sign another QB to replace Romo. I have to go in and manually do it for them. Is everyone else seeing this or am I doing something wrong?

The gameplay this year is great, but it bugs me that I have to go and check every team's roster on a weekly basis to make sure they have enough active players at key positions and aren't playing games with 1 healthy QB or 3 healthy WRs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise CPU Signing Players

I saw Matt Bosher (P) at QB for the Falcons last week..
Old 01-16-2016, 04:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did you turn on auto pilot?
Old 01-19-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Mr.Tennessee's Arena

Played the Colts with McAfee a couple of weeks ago.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:12 PM   #5
Pro

Check your settings. I would suspect that you have auto sign free agents set to off.

Check out My Edmonton Oilers Dynasty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 12:25 AM   #6
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

he's right (the OP), first year of my 49ers franchise (I control about 25 of the teams, did it to fix the silly cuts and signings at the start, re-signing players etc) I'd go through the injury list every week and go and sign a "realistic" free agent when teams needed one (ie down to 1 QB, multiple LB, OL, DL etc injuries and so on) but it gets a bit old after a while. Either the CPU (even on autopilot, auto sign free agents etc) won't sign a free agent or only does it when the team is below the absolute minimum required amount of players at a certain position (i.e QB - 1, HB -1, WR - 2 etc) Either way it's pretty daft, it's the only reason I'm giving up control of all of the other teams once I hit week 1 of the regular season in my 2nd year.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

I had this problem too and mentioned it in the sticky thread about 32 team control. It was pretty recent, so if you read the last few pages of the thread I'm sure you could find where I mentioned it and find other member's responses.

But yea, this issue really sucks. Sucks enough that I gave up on 32 team control. Real life teams make really stupid decisions all the time, so I just try to make up a scenario in my head as to why they did what they did and move on. I don't have time to spend an hour playing a game, and another hour doing things in between weeks for other teams.
Old 01-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Yes, this is a problem. CFM roster management is definitely off in this area.

What I do is make a quick scan every week on my 32-owner CFM of every team's injury situation.

I IR players if need be and sign a FA that fits the team scheme at that position.

I also make sure every team has 3 QBs so I don't have to worry about it if a team gets 1 QB injured.

I find that I really only have to intervene if a team has multiple long-term injuries within a single position group. If they have 3 injuries at 3 different positions, I let the team ride that out.

It's not much hassle and doing it this way allows you to make sure teams are fielding appropriate lineups each week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »