Home

Injury Rating

This is a discussion on Injury Rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2016, 03:45 PM   #9
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Injury Rating

I dont mess with mine as injuries are part of the game. Look at the Texans with their injuries and their Qb situation. The look at the Patriots and all their injuries.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:17 AM   #10
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
You've made a point to mention this UCF/Tiburon thing in at least two different threads. I doubt they'd rate someone in favor of an intern. Let's drop that seeing as how the rest of your post is good as is.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Well sure, but it goes beyond doing it for an intern. I guess you've never seen the NCAA football credits. They posted the alumni schools of engineers next to their names. Tiburon is loaded with UCF alumni software engineers, producers, etc, dozens. That includes their former Madden ratings czar, Donny Moore. But Donny was cool, he'd take input on Twitter, he's also a fellow Bucs fan so he kept up with that team good. After UCF's winless season and loss to USF this past year, trust me UCF alumni are out for blood.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453198451.183111.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453198055.911261.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2016, 01:15 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

The injury rating is extremely important for CFM play.

I look at the injury rating alongside toughness and durability to determine a player's value over the course of a season.

I have the injury slider at 80 and the fatigue slider at 70 to get a realistic number of injuries, and with those settings, you can really tell a difference between durable players and players who are oft-injured.

What I find is that Madden does a pretty good job this year of forcing you to consider how you use your players. There are few guys who can play all or most of the snaps each game and hold up for 16 games plus playoffs if you make it.

If I have a talented player who isn't durable, I won't resign him and I'll try to trade him if I can.

I'd say that the injury-related ratings need to be in the high 80s to create a true every-down player who has a reasonable shot of playing more than 12 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #12
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
The injury rating is extremely important for CFM play.

I look at the injury rating alongside toughness and durability to determine a player's value over the course of a season.

I have the injury slider at 80 and the fatigue slider at 70 to get a realistic number of injuries, and with those settings, you can really tell a difference between durable players and players who are oft-injured.

What I find is that Madden does a pretty good job this year of forcing you to consider how you use your players. There are few guys who can play all or most of the snaps each game and hold up for 16 games plus playoffs if you make it.

If I have a talented player who isn't durable, I won't resign him and I'll try to trade him if I can.

I'd say that the injury-related ratings need to be in the high 80s to create a true every-down player who has a reasonable shot of playing more than 12 games.
Yea I noticed that in my old CFM I think I had a QB with a low 80's injury and now that I think about it once every say 5 times he got hit he would miss a few snaps due to a minor injury. I decided to stick with a QB I had that has 90+ injury and will just develop him.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

i used to try and get inj/tgh/sta to 85 for all players, especially when exps were simple to get

cant do that now, i dont keep players with levels below that usually. o for a medical report and wunderlic from the combine
Old 01-19-2016, 02:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Yea I noticed that in my old CFM I think I had a QB with a low 80's injury and now that I think about it once every say 5 times he got hit he would miss a few snaps due to a minor injury. I decided to stick with a QB I had that has 90+ injury and will just develop him.
Yeah, and you'll notice too that players with low ratings in these areas are much more likely to miss major time if you keep them in following a minor injury.

I have a Dallas CFM, and as good as Sean Lee is, I would do anything to unload him for even 3/4 of his talent value because he's so prone to injury.

Players can only perform if they're actually on the field!

I can work with a fragile guy on offense by limiting his exposure, but on the defensive side, I can't handle guys who aren't durable.
Old 01-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

If its a superstar I will up their toughness otherwise I let it ride
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #16
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Injury Rating

I play with my injuries on 100. Overall, I feel like the injury slider isn't as responsive this year. I'd think 100 would overwhelm me with injuries. Instead, I simply get a solid amount.

Only drawback is that I feel QBs get hurt too often in that setting. Granted I do control Romo and his inj rating is quite subpar so that's caveat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »