Home

EA Sports Madden 17 Dev Tweets

This is a discussion on EA Sports Madden 17 Dev Tweets within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #49
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA Sports Madden 17 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Not what I meant. Obviously the devs had to choose as time and resources are limited. I'm saying one is not more important than the other at least in my eyes.
You're right, in an ideal world we have both sets of tools available to us. Unfortunately, nothing in software development is ideal.

Example: a couple of years ago when 2K hired Scott O Gallagher they implemented authentic defenses into 2K15 the way they were in Live 14. Except, the defenses were not actually assigned to their correct teams and coaches. I talked to OG about this and he straight told me they had to choose between putting it in year over year and getting it in all at once after 2 years. They had to decide how to implement it and chose incremental progress. These types of decisions are made all the time in software dev, especially for these yearly games.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #50
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
You're right, in an ideal world we have both sets of tools available to us. Unfortunately, nothing in software development is ideal.

Example: a couple of years ago when 2K hired Scott O Gallagher they implemented authentic defenses into 2K15 the way they were in Live 14. Except, the defenses were not actually assigned to their correct teams and coaches. I talked to OG about this and he straight told me they had to choose between putting it in year over year and getting it in all at once after 2 years. They had to decide how to implement it and chose incremental progress. These types of decisions are made all the time in software dev, especially for these yearly games.
And this is all I'm asking for. Don't just put in pattern matching and say ok you don't need assignments now bc we have pattern matching bc that's just not true. It's fine that they only had time for one as long as in the future they plan on adding the other.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:52 PM   #51
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

This thread is sick. Awesome that the devs respond to both the things that are in the game and the things they didn't get to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #52
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

10+ page blog on zones coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2016, 01:43 PM   #53
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
10+ page blog on zones coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know... Wasn't Clint's blog supposed to be 8 pages? and we didn't get 8 pages.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #54
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
EA Sports Madden 17 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I don't know... Wasn't Clint's blog supposed to be 8 pages? and we didn't get 8 pages.

8 pages not 8 blogs, if you try to print it out, it says it is 17 pages.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-20-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #55
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Sucks about the weather. But with everything else they are getting into the game this year I can overlook that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #56
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Sucks about the weather. But with everything else they are getting into the game this year I can overlook that.
Yeah, I feel the same. There's a lot already, and hopefully franchise knocks our socks off, but dynamic weather would really change the game's feel.

It would be great if they had someone dedicated to atmosphere, but iirc Looman once said there are a bunch of things like that in the game that are essentially a programmers "pet project" that they try to get to, not something that's necessarily their job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »