Home

Which position do you "user" against the CPU?

This is a discussion on Which position do you "user" against the CPU? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2016, 12:10 AM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Which position do you "user" against the CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG 98
Usually free safety. Tbh, I think the sim method would be to control your best player. This way, you can't make players really play above their ratings
Is it more sim if you control the best player and make him play way below his ratings, e.g., turning a great CB into someone who gets burned every play because of User incompetence?

In a perfect world, the gameplay mechanics should limit the User's ability to turn any player into a super star. There's still a long way to go, but I think things are getting better in that regard.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:43 AM   #10
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I user mostly Clay Matthews since I use the Packers. I used to use the DE when Green Bay ran a 4-3 mostly Aaron Kampman or KGB. The hardest habit to break is going for the pick every time the pass is thrown. I cannot for the life of me force myself to use the swat button.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2016, 05:26 AM   #11
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

DE, DT or blitzing OLB

I've tried using FS/SS, CB and MLB, but I'm nowhere near good enough and get burned badly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 07:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always play strong safety with no player switching.......Involved in both pass defence and the running game.........Long time reader to this site and this is my first post......Bought madden every year but play maybe 10 games maximum before I get bored.....For some reason dug out Madden about a week ago and I am really enjoying it.....Have had some really enjoyable games, the cpu punter can pin you inside the 10 yard line for the first time ever that I can remember.....Kicking is too easy but this is going to be addressed maybe with the cpu being more capable of returning punts and kicks better....Anyway going to play 16 till 17 comes out and read the reviews that you all add to this sit to make my decision easy on whether I buy 17 0r not.......All you regular contributors keep up the excellent work....
Old 08-01-2016, 10:13 AM   #13
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

I mix it up a lot on D, between every position other than CB. However, once the ball is snapped I always stay locked on with whoever I was controlling at the start of the play.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:34 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Depends on the down. 1st and second I'm always a linebacker. 3rd down it depends on the situation. 3rd and short defensive lineman because I'd be too much of a liability in coverage. 3rd and long? I like to challenge myself at corner but tend to play a bit conservatively.

I use to play exclusively safety and thought I was great because I did get a pick quite often. When I got older I started to realize how many coverage assignments I blew.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Use to be free safety almost exclusively, but I've been mixing it up lately.

That is probably not a good thing though, typically you can decipher my playcall if you see who I am usering.
MLB? Probably cover 1.
SS? That's typically cover 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2016, 01:10 PM   #16
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

I like to user the fastest/most agile guy between Safety and LB. I like to bat the CPU (and Users) into throws, so that acceleraton and change of diretion is KEY. Players like, Bobby Wagner, Mycle Kendricks, Ed Reed (back in the day), Eric Berry, Devin Mccourty, Ryan Shazier were always my got to players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »