Home

Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #353
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 Teach Me How/Strategy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboncoms
This isn't as much a question for playing games as it is a question for Franchise mode.

I really don't know that much about football. I'm OK with that when playing the actual game because I know enough to win games and have fun while doing it. The problem when it comes to franchise mode is I have no idea how much to offer free agents and players that I might re-sign.

So I guess my question is a kind of complicated one, but how much should I value certain players? How important is each position relative to others, how much does an average player make, etc.

Thanks to anyone who answers this, I assume it's kind of tough/long to answer
It can be a long answer but I'll try to answer it quickly. Look for players definitely under 30 (huge regression drop off) and hopefully under 26 (XP soft cap). See my post a few pages back that explains contract break downs (oh wait was that the Q&A thread??). No big contracts to over 30s. Look for good athleticism but low skill for some FA gems as skills are cheaper and once you have made them good they regress but are still serviceable due to being so athletic originally (CB Trae Waynes is a good example, by the time you make him elite he'll start regressing but has high speed so its fine). Trade away over the hill expensive veterans for draft picks if you're rebuilding. Read some threads on drafting and UDFAs from around here. Some great UDFAs to sign in the 6th and 7th rounds if you know what you're looking for.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #354
Rookie

Starting up a new franchise and was wondering what playbook is good for a run game and a 4-3 defense? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-02-2017, 04:29 AM   #355
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwj92
Starting up a new franchise and was wondering what playbook is good for a run game and a 4-3 defense? Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Answered in other forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »