Home

Madden 17 Everything Playbooks (custom) for the CPU or user

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Everything Playbooks (custom) for the CPU or user within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 02:10 AM   #33
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden 17 Everything Playbooks (custom) for the CPU or user

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I'm having liking the Skins PB alot better now!
I will put more time into it when I get the full game, don't wanna waste my 10 hrs on gameplan PBs lol

I wanna see the CPU pull off a PA pass on 1st down every now and then.
Draws, screens, and intermediate routes on 3rd and longs.

I'm still trying to figure how to give the CPU team a custom PB?
Never mind, I figured it out after creating 2nd profile and selecting a player, using 2nd controller to change the PB and moving it back to the middle.
Testing a game now (2nd preseason game vs Jets, I gave them run and shoot Offense)

Some things I've noticed with My Redskins default gameplan.
1. They didn't have any of the strategy guides situational plays.
2. I can add all the situational plays from the strategy guide w/o removing the existing plays in it.

3. I may end up just having 80-90 plays per team anyway, considering removing alot of default plays.

4. Defense will need some tweaking also(0 stars on alot of plays) almost all defensive plays actually.
Just a thought but be careful with removing too many plays IMO. I'd say 9-12 plays per formation are good for a user to use as well as CPU while giving each formation the best plays, variety, and it makes sure in each formation you got a play action, play action rollout, draw, run up the middle, left, right, while giving passing plays for short, medium, long, shot play, and maybe sideline routes for 2min.

Also I'm loving the redskins book too! Been running with that book with the Seahawks and will be using that for online league this year (no custom books allowed). Very similar to the Hawks but way better IMO. Has a lot of balance and some great unique plays!

And I made sure to put quite a few play actions on 1st down. It's hard now having no clue what the CPU will do. With stock books it's almost like I know what the CPU will do on 1st and 3rd downs. 2nd down is really only one I'm on my toes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do!
Old 08-22-2016, 02:12 AM   #34
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman18
You have to be careful with this, because over time, the game will make your playbook file corrupt. Plays will disappear, formations will be put in the wrong packages. It completely screws it up. I had two play books happen to me because of either saving over the file too many times, or having more plays rated than what was allowed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I agree as I stopped playing last year because I did all that work and my file got jacked up and game would freeze everytime in the 1st quarter. But this has not happened this year. So I'm hopeful they fixed the issue...
Old 08-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Has anyone created a playbook file yet? I would like to look at all the playbooks so I can pick which one to use as my base to create my custom. I see madden school has a video file but I am not able to watch videos on my phone at the moment. Would be nice to get that decision out of the way today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #36
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Yes I agree as I stopped playing last year because I did all that work and my file got jacked up and game would freeze everytime in the 1st quarter. But this has not happened this year. So I'm hopeful they fixed the issue...
From what I remember, the biggest reason this happens is because too many plays are rated in the playbook. So if you take out some plays and some ratings, you should be fine.

I ran into this issue in Madden 15 but didn't see it in Madden 16.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #37
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

So I'm just compiling info/data for a general rule for improving cpu playbooks

1. Less 4 verticals(replace with more intermediate routes)3rd and even 4th and longs
2. More PA on early downs 1st and 2nD downs
3. More Draws and Screens on 2nd and 3rd& longs
4. More Draws and PAs inside the redzone (not necessarily inside the 5, PAs out of those jumbo type formation would be good)
5. Quick smoke screens on 2nd and 3rd& shorts

Just overall getting the CPU playcalling more in line with what the real life counterparts playcalling philosophies are.
This is really going to improve the CPU tremendously!

I also want to get into fine tuning the defenses if need be.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 08-22-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #38
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Just a thought but be careful with removing too many plays IMO. I'd say 9-12 plays per formation are good for a user to use as well as CPU while giving each formation the best plays, variety, and it makes sure in each formation you got a play action, play action rollout, draw, run up the middle, left, right, while giving passing plays for short, medium, long, shot play, and maybe sideline routes for 2min.

Also I'm loving the redskins book too! Been running with that book with the Seahawks and will be using that for online league this year (no custom books allowed). Very similar to the Hawks but way better IMO. Has a lot of balance and some great unique plays!

And I made sure to put quite a few play actions on 1st down. It's hard now having no clue what the CPU will do. With stock books it's almost like I know what the CPU will do on 1st and 3rd downs. 2nd down is really only one I'm on my toes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys do!
Yeah the Skins book is deep in Shotgun plays and I like the Pistol also.
I like putting a pass, run, screen, and PA all out of the same formations(shows the setup plays in the strategy guide, which I posted a pic of). Should be fun to see the CPU calling plays like we would!

Now I'm going to have to get the M17 strategy guide to get the most up to date strategy for each teams Coaching and playcalling philosophies.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 08-22-2016 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #39
Rookie

Folks couple of quick questions regarding custom playbooks in Madden 17...

1. Are you able to save audibles for custom playbooks in madden 17? I'm on PS4 and last year I had a tough time getting my custom playbook audibles to be saved in online 'Head to Head' and 'Play Now' modes in Madden 16. I would assign the audibles, save the playbooks and in the game it would still show up some random audibles or no audibles. Are audibles for custom playbooks working without any problems this year?

2. Wanted to get people's input regarding which playbook is the best this year for passing. Generally I go with Pats PB as my base for the custom PB since my passing to run play ratio is 70-30. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:41 PM   #40
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Ok just for fun last night I gave the Jets the Run and Shoot PB and they were running draws and screens on 3rd and 2nd and longs, they stayed in the spread, even inside the 5!
It was refreshing to see this really does work!

I lost 12-7 vs the Jets! It was a turnover festival!
I even blocked a FG and recovered it LATE in the 4th and gave us one last opportunity to drive to win with a TD! Only to turn it over once again!(8 vs cpu 5 TO's)

I'm playing AP default, no adjusted penalties, fatigue or anything really (Slow Gamespeed for now)

My time has expired OH NOOOOO! NO way I used 10 hrs yesterday!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »