Home

A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim

This is a discussion on A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #41
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim

The problem isn't so much HOW to get a CPUvCPU game but the fact you have to have every team assigned to user control (whether the CPU is assigned the routine roster management tasks or not) in order to be able to watch ANY CPUvCPU game on any given week in CFM. It should be fundamentally unnecessary for this but unfortunately it's a consequence of CFM being built as an online franchise first and foremost and they never contemplated the notion of anyone watching a CPUvCPU game. And that goes back to them not really understanding the wishes of an offline CFM gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #42
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
The problem isn't so much HOW to get a CPUvCPU game but the fact you have to have every team assigned to user control (whether the CPU is assigned the routine roster management tasks or not) in order to be able to watch ANY CPUvCPU game on any given week in CFM. It should be fundamentally unnecessary for this but unfortunately it's a consequence of CFM being built as an online franchise first and foremost and they never contemplated the notion of anyone watching a CPUvCPU game. And that goes back to them not really understanding the wishes of an offline CFM gamer.
So, does it look like the CPU vs CPU offline franchise mode will be set up just like it was in Madden 17? If so, I can live with that but still wish it was as easy to set up as it was in Madden 12 and currently is in MLB The Show.

What I'd like to see is Madden and the other sports games like The Show be released with two discs in the package. One disc could be for the RPG aspects (Road to the Show, Longshot, etc) and other fluff that I for one have zero interest in. The other disc would be only for franchise. They could add a lot more content and possibly reduce bugs with more space available on the discs.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:33 PM   #43
eco
Rookie

will have cpu vs cpu in madden 18 our we will have lack of this feature?
Old 08-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #44
Banned

Ya its 18 john white answered me its same as 17 super slow speed
Old 08-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #45
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Angry Re: A Definitive Guide to CPU-CPU, Play the Moment, and Super Sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfiend26
Ya its 18 john white answered me its same as 17 super slow speed
So they just couldn't be bothered putting the simple Play Now option of placing the controller between the two teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #46
Banned

It plays like madden 17 qbs r to accurate sucky qbs nvr throw incompletions
Old 08-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 7

Is it possible to have my team play the CPU while watching in broadcast mode where I call the plays on offense and defense and the CPU executes it for me? I recall playing that way and completely forgot how to set it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I can watch my team play the CPU but for some reason it wont allow me to call plays even though I have the controller selected to my team. It basically just lets me watch.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:56 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksolo12
Is it possible to have my team play the CPU while watching in broadcast mode where I call the plays on offense and defense and the CPU executes it for me? I recall playing that way and completely forgot how to set it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Right now I can watch my team play the CPU but for some reason it wont allow me to call plays even though I have the controller selected to my team. It basically just lets me watch.

U gotta turn coach mode on in settings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »