Home

An In-Depth Look at Player Development and How It Works in M17

This is a discussion on An In-Depth Look at Player Development and How It Works in M17 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: An In-Depth Look at Player Development and How It Works in M17

So do you guys only focus on the physical traits early in career and then focus on the other traits or do you still consider the physical traits too expensive? Also, do you improve the player's development first or do you consider that too expensive. I am just trying to get a feel for the most efficient use of xp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 08:49 AM   #34
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
So do you guys only focus on the physical traits early in career and then focus on the other traits or do you still consider the physical traits too expensive? Also, do you improve the player's development first or do you consider that too expensive. I am just trying to get a feel for the most efficient use of xp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes is it worth upgrading the development trait for real young players? Obviously with the jump in xp cost at 26 It makes upgrading the dev trait less valuable since you are spending valuable exp during the time frame that that xp has most value.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

First of all, this is an absolutely brilliant move by EA and I applaud them for it.

SEcond.... THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
When a player turns 26, it’s like Cinderella riding in her carriage as the clock strikes midnight. The cost of every single trait, Physical and Skill, increases by 33.3%. The future of your franchise is quickly turning into a pumpkin. To help expedite the process, on his 27th birthday the very next year, the cost of every single trait, Physical and Skill, increases by another 25%. Your pumpkin is now rotting in front of your house covered in maggots, and your neighbors are all judging you.

As you can see in the chart below, the cost continues to increase by at least 10% every year until JoJoJu retires or dies from brain trauma. It would seem like a pretty big waste of time to spend XP on these players at these prices.
is the most epic and hilarious analogy I have seen on OS for years. Well done sir, you are an genius, hero, gentlemen and scholar.

lolololololololololololololololololololololololol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #36
Rookie

althor's Arena

I already was not drafting 24 year olds, but this seals the deal...

You have to be desperate to draft a 24 year old. I dont understand why they added that into the age of rookies if they are killing them at 26.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:58 PM   #37
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by althor

You have to be desperate to draft a 24 year old. I dont understand why they added that into the age of rookies if they are killing them at 26.
It would make more sense to delay everything by 2 years. At 28 traits get more expensive and decline happens at 30. Or make regression a position by position basis.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

This is the most informative and detailed information I have ever read on this site, great stuff.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #39
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by althor

Well I think it's probably because we are not supposed to be able to progress every draft pick to 80+ ovr. Just my take at least.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #40
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
It would make more sense to delay everything by 2 years. At 28 traits get more expensive and decline happens at 30. Or make regression a position by position basis.

Sent from my LG-AS991 using Tapatalk
Yeah QB, OL, K, P should last longer. Also regression should be more varied. You should see a few Adrian Peterson types who stay good into their 30s.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »