Home

I cannot get pressure

This is a discussion on I cannot get pressure within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I cannot get pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Seems like they removed the ability to push and steer the linemen. Line play feels very sticky....
Yes at least last year if I couldn't get to the qb I could try to steer the blocker into him to make him move. This year there are steerable jukes on offense so I guess they removed that from the defensive line.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
I think ratings have a lot to do with it... Who are you using. I got 6 sacks against the CPU on all Madden last night with the Giants against the Cowboys.
Sure, but how many of those sacks came when you blitzed? 5/6? Also, it's not purely sack count, it's pressuring / hurrying the QB. The problem is bringing 4 is stonewalled for 3,5,6 even unlimited seconds as o line are not really pushed into the QB or around the QB to form a pocket. QB can drop and survey the field too long
Old 08-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
What is getting on my nerves is when neither a power move nor a finesse move seems to do anything. Power move? Nothing. Okay fine, finesse move then? *spins in place*. By this time three or four seconds has passed and the play is over, my guy still dancing with his man. This happens 80% of the time.
This problem started with m16 and is even worse now.

I can't believe some people told him to play properly. This is a game dynamics problem. For sure you can even get 7-10 sacks a game if you blitz a ton. As in blitz 50-60 percent of the time and have good pass rushers. But bringing 4 you won't get many sacks, but worst of call you will not pressure the QB AT ALL on too many plays. Getting stonewalled - that's just not realistic.

Fwiw in m16 putting offensive holding way down, eg 20 and pass block to 32 ish and offsides to 55/60 could generate pressure on a higher percentage of snaps. You could try a combination like this. The problem is that blitzing will possibly become too effective at some point as you make the o line progressively less effective.

I haven't seen a ton of hope that the line play can really be brought into balance without EA addressing it. Which I don't think they will.

A combination of rush moves happening more frequently , being more effective, and DL actually getting push on o line would probably help.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Seems like they removed the ability to push and steer the linemen. Line play feels very sticky....
It is even stickier than m16 which makes the experiencing playing the d -line (which is all I user) pretty miserable tbh.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
It is even stickier than m16 which makes the experiencing playing the d -line (which is all I user) pretty miserable tbh.
Same here. I don't know what they were thinking. I thought this team didn't remove features.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Same here. I don't know what they were thinking. I thought this team didn't remove features.....
Yeah. I guess I still think m15 was better on pass rush and o line blocking. Problem in m15 was pressure came from the interior far too often compared with the exterior. But at least pass rush moves worked and 4 man rushes hurried the QB a ton.

Also , and I don't know if it's related or not - the o line seems to blow a ton of blocking assignments at the 2nd level on runs starting in m16. Appears unaddressed in m17. Again that was wayyyy better in m15.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:39 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
There is def something different with the block shedding this year in both the pass and run game. For whatever reason once a blocker get his hands on me and I try to use a move, all I get is the red failed circle around my player.
Same Here

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #24
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I've began putting my DE's in coverage due to the lack of pressure. I have one sack through 3 games on all madden in my franchise and it was a CP blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »