Home

Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips

This is a discussion on Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2016, 05:24 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Geodude's M17 Franchise Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
You could try this but he may still retire as he has the same number of years in the league, there is no guarantee with this method, it is guaranteed with my method.
I will try this (editing age down) tonight and report back on whether it works or not.

I will also try and old M12 method of changing Brady's position to punter and give him 99KPW, which would always (almost) stop players from retiring... This would greatly simplify the "stop from retiring" process. Fingers crossed!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #42
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Wait, will increasing injury setting while a player is out will get him back on the field quicker or when they come back from injury their injury setting is lowered? Some really good stuff here. Thank you for doing this.
No, increasing the injury rating will not bring them back quicker. The injury rating primarily sets how often a player is injured, the toughness rating dictates the length of the injury (based on the type of injury). Once the injury occurs, the length is set, except for this year if you get a Big Decision for the injury.

When they come back from injury, your trainer level dictates the level of regression including a possible reduction in injury rating. So you will want to progress the player to make up some of the regression and avoid being injured again in the future.

This is also why being an owner is better as you can hire the best trainer, as a coach, I believe the default trainer stays in place therefore you cant control the level of injury regression.

E.g. Vikings have a default world class trainer, therefore with Teddy Bridgewater's new injury, when he returns in CFM year 2, he will regress due to failing at season goals and regress (slightly) due to recovering from the injury. Had the default trainer been worse, his regression would be worse. I will run the sim when the new roster drops, but his INJ rating of 92 should also go down. If the season goal regression is severe I don't want to double down on his regression so will probably switch him to FB before starting a new CFM to get the blanket "rushing yards" goal whilst on IR.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:54 AM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
I will try this (editing age down) tonight and report back on whether it works or not.

I will also try and old M12 method of changing Brady's position to punter and give him 99KPW, which would always (almost) stop players from retiring... This would greatly simplify the "stop from retiring" process. Fingers crossed!
Reporting back to say I succesfully managed to bring TB12 back for 2 consecutive seasons in CFM by just reducing his age to 25 each season.

At that point I was too tired after work to test further or the other method (switching to punter) but it seems like the system is based on or puts more weight on age than years played.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #44
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Reporting back to say I succesfully managed to bring TB12 back for 2 consecutive seasons in CFM by just reducing his age to 25 each season.

At that point I was too tired after work to test further or the other method (switching to punter) but it seems like the system is based on or puts more weight on age than years played.
I take it by reducing their age just before advancing to offseason, they didn't regress either?? At least user controlling and releasing still causes regression.

I'm not a fan of that method if they don't regress... if you want to keep Brady around until age 45, you should have to accept the low 80's THP by then or AP until age 40 should have high 70's SPD (but still be a beast no doubt).
Old 09-05-2016, 08:54 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
I take it by reducing their age just before advancing to offseason, they didn't regress either?? At least user controlling and releasing still causes regression.

I'm not a fan of that method if they don't regress... if you want to keep Brady around until age 45, you should have to accept the low 80's THP by then or AP until age 40 should have high 70's SPD (but still be a beast no doubt).
Unfortunately I didn't check for this.
I run a 32 team CFM and I've accepted that regression is less-than-ideal so I'm just "manually" adjusting the extreme cases, mostly for superstars. I guess fixing Brady/Peterson would fall into the "manual fix" category.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #46
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Advancing weeks: Ticker, Set vs Random Games

So when advancing a week in offline CFM I've noticed that the games scores & stats and injuries are already decided before you have even played your game and advanced the week. I believe this is due to the addition of the score ticker. It needs to advance games while you play and show the already programmed scores etc. So unlike all madden games, the simulation is calculated before the week instead of advancing from the week.

This could be very annoying for too many records set, important injuries or wins/losses if you like to control your CFM a bit more. If you set a game to "sim'a'win" then the pre-programmed score, stats and injuries are thrown out of the window (despite the ticker) and they are fully random again. A big bonus in M17 is that "sim'a'win" isn't ridiculously broken!

Better than that, if you set a game to "sim'a'win" before playing your game, play your game and then reset the "sim'a'win" before advancing, it stays completely random!!

If you advance a week and find that Andrew Luck is suddenly lost for the season, and you hate that. Reload your previous save from the week before and set "sim'a'win". It will revert it to random and Andrew Luck is no longer guaranteed to be injured.

Update: So tested this with the ticker set to off in visual feedback. The games are still pre-calculated when advancing into the week, so turning ticker off does nothing, offline now plays out similar to how online works. Also, if you play your game and then sim'a'win before advancing, and the sim'a'win score makes the team already calculated to win still win then the pre-calculated score, stats and injuries are used.

Last edited by Mattanite; 09-20-2016 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:17 AM   #47
Pro

queenie.paula's Arena

thought id ask this here along with my thread on it, for your help and testing geodude.......

im in a 32 team control, week 3, first year as the saints, ive noticed that all the cpu teams other then the one im facing constantly use the same RB and they end up with 14-21 attempts, yes ive done every ones formations and split the plays up, have any clue why this is happening, is there a way to fix it, like I said, any team I face they split carries fine, but all other games mainly either use one run or two run plays or just mainly use the one RB, any one please help cause this is ruining my CFM
Old 09-19-2016, 11:56 AM   #48
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie.paula
thought id ask this here along with my thread on it, for your help and testing geodude.......

im in a 32 team control, week 3, first year as the saints, ive noticed that all the cpu teams other then the one im facing constantly use the same RB and they end up with 14-21 attempts, yes ive done every ones formations and split the plays up, have any clue why this is happening, is there a way to fix it, like I said, any team I face they split carries fine, but all other games mainly either use one run or two run plays or just mainly use the one RB, any one please help cause this is ruining my CFM

This is a Schrodinger’s cat moment… even though formation subs are set for users, by forcing the CPU to control your team, are they still set or not. You will never know just by looking at the game! Judging by some of the funny quirks and resets that happen with formation subs in CFM, I would not rely on them to ensure split carries.

The same could probably be said for auto-subs. You have them set in the coach screen but by having them controlled by the CPU are they alive or dead? What autosubs do you have set? If they do work then this could solve some of the problem.

Another method could be assigning a second controller to the second team with 32 team control but by not touching the controller, the QB assist should kick in and players control themselves (??). If this works then formation subs and autosubs might work with them technically still being assigned to a user. The problem would be you could see/choose the playcall for the other team… so pointless…

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »