Home

What are some things you want fixed?

This is a discussion on What are some things you want fixed? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 09:09 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What are some things you want fixed?

Fix the pathetic suction blocking with the OL vs DL.

I'm getting tired of watching Von Miller get tied up for 5 seconds or more with some second rate right tackle. That's despite me mashing away at the finesse pass move button.

It's embarrassing.

And off ball injuries. The Madden Injury mechanic is silly. Just give each player a small percentage chance of being injured on each play and in training camp/practice. Other sports management sims have managed to do this for a decade or more. It should not be hard.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:17 AM   #50
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Fix the pathetic suction blocking with the OL vs DL.

I'm getting tired of watching Von Miller get tied up for 5 seconds or more with some second rate right tackle. That's despite me mashing away at the finesse pass move button.

It's embarrassing.

And off ball injuries. The Madden Injury mechanic is silly. Just give each player a small percentage chance of being injured on each play and in training camp/practice. Other sports management sims have managed to do this for a decade or more. It should not be hard.
Are you looking at the OVR or the individual stats? I have a LT that was only 76 rated but he was huge and had pretty decent pass blocking and strength and was able to hold JJ Watt to only 3 tackles and gave up 0 sacks.

Just saying, can't just look at overall. Size, strength, impact blocking, and pass/run block as well. OVR is more awareness than anything.

Definitely agree about off-the-ball injuries though.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Are you looking at the OVR or the individual stats? I have a LT that was only 76 rated but he was huge and had pretty decent pass blocking and strength and was able to hold JJ Watt to only 3 tackles and gave up 0 sacks.

Just saying, can't just look at overall. Size, strength, impact blocking, and pass/run block as well. OVR is more awareness than anything.

Doesn't matter who I play - so far I've played Indy, Carolina, Cincy, KC and San Diego in franchise and play now games.

Von Miller is completely unable to blow by any right tackles in this game like he does in real life. You did see his utter destruction of Mike Remmers in the Superbowl?

The average time in the pocket before releasing for QB's in real life is under 3 seconds
https://www.profootballfocus.com/sig...time-to-throw/

Madden just does not replicate that pressure at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 9

I really like the game, but I'm really tired of the multi-year (5+ year) issues and bugs that haven't been changed, even if they're minor.

Tired of the SuperSim clock still not working. It's been almost 10 years of the clock still being wonky in SuperSim, and the result is that you get ridiculous stat lines, like this game where LeSean McCoy had 48 carries.

I'm also tired of the wind always blowing endzone to endzone and there being strong, game altering winds in every game. I'd honestly rather have no wind than have the wind alter the game so significantly. It's been like this for a couple of years and I'm tired of it. Worst of all, the strong wind produces these bugs with special teams, like CPU punts only traveling 5-10 yards

These are totally minor but they annoy the hell out of me because they've been present in the game for years and years, and don't go fixed or even noticed.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:06 AM   #53
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Offensive linemen injuries.

More fearsome pass rush.

Better AI QB pocket awareness to account for better pass rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

If Von Miller was lined up against Jesus he'd still get to the QB in 3 seconds or less if there was no help.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #54
Banned

numberFour4ever's Arena

OVR: 0

If you're going to let us "create" uniforms, then please take the handcuffs off.

Why can't I change jersey and helmet colors? That's my idea of "creating".

In '17 you can edit existing uniforms. Not the same as creating uniforms.
Old 08-29-2016, 03:24 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 12

1. CPU play calling needs to be more dynamic and use more of the playbook. Too many 4 verts on 3rd and long. Too predictable on 1st and 2nd.

2. CPU QBs need better pocket awareness, scramblers need to take off and run more. Force me to spy. I want a chess game. Now don't really have to think.

3. Too many big run gains vs. the cpu. A big run should be 15 to 20 yards and on rare occasions break a super long 50 plus yarder. Either the blocking is getting to the second level too quickly or being overly effective or the pursuit angles from the back end are poor.

4. Haven't played CFM yet but those pics of teams drafting QBs with first 3 picks is bad.

5. Better cornerback play in one on one matchups so streaks aren't money against man press.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #56
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Elton John
you familiar with the defensive pb work-around ?

I am planning to create a good 4-3 and 3-4 defensive pb for ps-4.
Yes. And I'm probably going to do it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »