Home

Because Everyone Should Know Grunhard

This is a discussion on Because Everyone Should Know Grunhard within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 06:41 PM   #17
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Because Everyone Should Know Grunhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker
Right, but all RL players are retired in 30 years...not the case after 5 seasons, so it's a bit extreme going out 30 years, but whatever floats your boat.

Don't steal his thunder. He clearly wants to complain about something. Logic be damned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 07:13 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

Haha I do want to complain.....it makes no logical sense to rate a class of rookies (2016) and then think that it makes sense to have every single generated cfm class come out rated better!
Old 08-31-2016, 09:30 PM   #19
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
Haha I do want to complain.....it makes no logical sense to rate a class of rookies (2016) and then think that it makes sense to have every single generated cfm class come out rated better!
It would make perfect sense if 2016 ends up being the worst draft class for the next 30 years running IRL... which I can absolutely guarantee will happen. Which multi-verse it happens in? Well, that's a whole other mind-storm and one I can't confidently predict (although another current-me confidently could).

But here's the good news, at least! You can take solace in the fact that in one lucky 'verse, in all their infinite glories, will lie a Madden series that has created the perfect symbiotic experience between player and game via DNA scanning technology molded into every inch of the exterior of the controller that receives electrical signals from your brain which tailors each users Madden experience to exactly fit their unique user preference every single atom-second you play the game. Pretty dope stuff, IMO.

Sadly, chances of that happening in our 'verse are stretched grossly thin. On the plus side... in one horrifically unlucky 'verse (aka "not ours"), neither Football NOR Futbol exists and Birding is an official Olympic sport. So there's that.

So it goes with the multi-verse, I guess... for better or worse.

Last edited by bigd51; 08-31-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:42 PM   #20
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

someone else said this on another thread and i cant find it so ill try and quote them as best I can:

the generated draft classes in madden 17 kind of.. have to be better then the real life one. in real life, a guy like russell wilson starts as a 75 OVR rookie and from roster updates throughout the season was like a 90 OVR by the end of the year. in Madden thats just not possible especially for a 3rd or 4th round player. so yes, there is an abundance of high rated guys in the generated drafts, but at least each player has a chance to have a good career. with the whole XP/goals RPG system madden has in place, its probably for the best as more appropriately rated draft picks would be stuck on the bench and never progress or have a chance to make something out of their career. which is probably more unrealistic then just having too many high rated draft picks.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:14 PM   #21
Pro

Because Everyone Should Know Grunhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
someone else said this on another thread and i cant find it so ill try and quote them as best I can:

the generated draft classes in madden 17 kind of.. have to be better then the real life one. in real life, a guy like russell wilson starts as a 75 OVR rookie and from roster updates throughout the season was like a 90 OVR by the end of the year. in Madden thats just not possible especially for a 3rd or 4th round player. so yes, there is an abundance of high rated guys in the generated drafts, but at least each player has a chance to have a good career. with the whole XP/goals RPG system madden has in place, its probably for the best as more appropriately rated draft picks would be stuck on the bench and never progress or have a chance to make something out of their career. which is probably more unrealistic then just having too many high rated draft picks.

But how does this differ for generated players vs real players? Once the first class comes in, a ton of real life players are made obsolete.

Shouldn't the ratings be in line with the ratings of the current players?

At the end of the day it is what it is..... At least we have the editor.

Last edited by wodi; 08-31-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 10:15 PM   #22
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Because Everyone Should Know Grunhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker
Right, but all RL players are retired in 30 years...not the case after 5 seasons, so it's a bit extreme going out 30 years, but whatever floats your boat.
New concept - sim ahead 15 years, THEN pick a team to take control of.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 08-31-2016, 10:19 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
New concept - sim ahead 15 years, THEN pick a team to take control of.

What good does that do? Then we're in a league where every team has a qb in the 80's.

The ratings as is are too close together in my opinion, the last thing I want to do is have a league where they're even closer.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:03 AM   #24
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
What good does that do? Then we're in a league where every team has a qb in the 80's.

The ratings as is are too close together in my opinion, the last thing I want to do is have a league where they're even closer.
Dude... overall's. don't. matter. At least when it comes to league-wide ratings. That's my tl;dr preface.

OVR's are reflective of the current users Player Type settings under Coaching Schemes. To my knowledge, every OVR you see for a player on your screen is based on YOUR settings for player type at said position. A 3-4 Pass Rush OLB's overall might reflect lower than his OVR would be if you run a base 4-3. Switch him to DE however, his overall will likely reflect closer to his 3-4 pass rush abilities. It just all depends on scheme settings and how a player's individual attributes account for those.

It's also seemingly been debunked in a recent thread about why league-wide sack totals start dropping off a cliff some 10 years into franchise, despite having many DL players in the high 90 OVR's... because generated rookie QB's all enter the league with Ideal Pressure Sense traits. It's the traits and scheme settings that are slowly starting to materialize as the larger component to a player playing to the best of their ability based on the scheme the player is in.

This is why real life teams trade really good players for lesser compensation than what they would've requested had the player fit their scheme better, hence why Randy Moss was dealt so low to the Pats. His best days weren't behind him like the Raiders thought... he just didn't fit the speed-happy scheme Al Davis craved.

Madden's scheme system currently is nowhere near perfect, but it's at least getting better at reflecting RL NFL strategies the best they can. OVR's are no longer used as a final judgement on a player's ability and shouldn't be. It's an antiquated idea that should've been tossed out year's ago because there are so many variables to consider (see traits and schemes) besides a players OVR to decide if they work or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »