Home

Madden 18 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on Madden 18 wishlist thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #57
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
But 2k is a terrible game sim wise. It can be fun sometimes but it has tons of issues.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
I can see that. But it is so much more in depth. I wish madden has features like myleague.

The create/ edit draft class would be huge for me and other users. Especially if it were sharable. I would personally be the guy for the first two weeks perfecting the draft classes to send out to the community.

The multiple Mock drafts are nice

The expansion/ create a team is something that I would love to see in madden

create a stadium in 2k makes maddens look like a joke

I am not even that big of a basketball fan, and I am a die hard football fan. But 2k is so good, that I go out of my way to buy it every year
Old 09-21-2016, 04:33 PM   #58
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I can see that. But it is so much more in depth. I wish madden has features like myleague.

The create/ edit draft class would be huge for me and other users. Especially if it were sharable. I would personally be the guy for the first two weeks perfecting the draft classes to send out to the community.

I am not even that big of a basketball fan, and I am a die hard football fan. But 2k is so good, that I go out of my way to buy it every year
Oh yeah absolutely. Off court, 2k is incredible. But on court, it's been so bad recently that I can't even get into it. 2k16 was trash and from what I've played 2k17 ain't much better.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #59
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal

They can't make those shareable due to the lawsuit with NCAA unfortunately.

A lot of the other stuff would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 10-16-2016, 01:36 AM   #60
Rookie

Ability to view previous online games and view every play with full instant replay controls. Should have been in 17. This definitely needs to be in Madden 18.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2016, 10:00 AM   #61
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Long list. Might as well, right? Most of this is head in the clouds wishing, but that's what a wishlist is for, right?

Presentation:
1. Get the rights to play We Are the Champions by Queen during the Super Bowl victory celebration.

2. Weekly wrap up/highlight show.

3. Keeping track of stats and adjusting player entrances based on year (i.e. no talk of Fitzpatrick holding out for a contract in 2020, no 75th anniversary patches on jerseys in the 80th year of the team).

4. Mention CFM league trends in commentary rather than 2016 NFL league trends. I.e. if in the CFM the Browns have become an NFL offense powerhouse, point it out. If last week in the CFM Russell Wilson threw 5 INTs, mention it in the next game. If Dak Prescott is contending for MVP in week 12 in 2020, point it out. If he was the MVP last year, say "reigning MVP."

5. Do something special for the Super Bowl and Conference Championships. Maybe a pregame show (like back in Madden 97 with James Brown). Include Lamar Hunt and George Halas trophy presentations, with additional commentary (this automatically means make the Super Bowl celebration bigger, of course).

6. Keep track of win/loss records for the league. And all stats.

7. More draft presentation. Maybe get the NFL Network crew to say something.

Game play

1. Better QB AI, so that sacks don't have to be artificially controlled by nerfing pass rush.

2. Better line interactions

3. Better pass rush.

4. Make All Pro Difficulty employ the FULL AI play calling tricks (including disguising coverages), and make players play exactly to their ratings. This should make difficulty a little higher for All Pro, which is needed. Players should not have to play on All Madden to get an NFL feel. That mode should be for players wanting a challenge for challenge's sake. All Pro should not have sugar coated playcalling and execution. The player AI should be excellent in All Pro, but not any better than the user's CPU players.

5. Expand CPU play-calling. Allow more user customization to help.

Misc.
1. Please get all uniforms correct.

2. More generic playbooks, including GSOT, and making the WCO more like the 80s/90s version instead of the 2000s version (i.e. take shot gun formations out and add more even split back formations, including tight, twins, 3WR tight, etc; also the goal line Far-Near formations, which were often used in the classical WCO)

3. Add pre-snap shifts, even if they are scripted just like motion is right now. Take a look at Mike Martz' and Joe Gibbs offenses for inspiration.

4. Allow much greater freedom in stadium creation (like back in the PS2 days).

5. Allow more user customization across the board. EA can be the greatest game company in history, but there will still be things that need fixing. Give users greater power to help address the things that inevitably fall through the cracks.
Well that's a pretty substantial list. Most of the changes I'd like to see are peripheral or minor. That's because the game has already come quite a long way.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 10-16-2016 at 10:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 05:57 AM   #62
Just started!

WorldWarX2's Arena

1. Pass rush/line play. Needs to be more realistic, has gotten better tho.
OL standing around blocking nobody, suction blocking still there

2. QB AI. Guys need to scramble, take a few more shots deep. This has also improved, the cpu does go deep a decent amount.
WR AI when play breaks down. When QB scrambles, WR's need to find "space" but instead they just finish their pre-programmed route and then do random stuff
Old 10-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quarterback Trait

Tuck and Run Trait

The tuck and run trait determines the frequency that the quarterback breaks the pocket in an attempt to use their feet to get yards. Some players look to hang in the pocket while others take off at the first sign of pressure. There are three levels for this trait:

Rarely - A quarterback with rarely will hang in and take a shot instead of scambling.

Someimes - Sometimes this player will scramble, sometimes he will extend the play.

often - These quarterback will take off if he see green in front of him.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:57 AM   #64
Just started!

WorldWarX2's Arena

Sometimes, I like to "tuck & run" with Cam Newton but I noticed that to often that when I attempt to QB draw up the middle it feels like his feet are stuck in the mud or there's a light force field he's trying to push through, takes to long to "take off" running and the slowest lineman can tackle him from behind. ALSO when I run "off tackle" toward the sideline, no matter HOW MUCH space is in between the QB and the defender.. the defender quickly closes distances (no matter how slow the lineman/defender is) and catches my "fast" QB from behind. Does anyone experience this? keep in mind, I don't abuse the QB run at all, it's only when the play breaks down especially when there's a strong pass rush like Denver or Vikings...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »