Home

EA Rolls Out Update for Madden CFM, Tweaked Upgrades and Draft Classes

This is a discussion on EA Rolls Out Update for Madden CFM, Tweaked Upgrades and Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2016, 09:09 PM   #57
Rookie

Allball76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Rolls Out Update for Madden CFM, Tweaked Upgrades and Draft Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
loving what im hearing so far

6'6+ WRs and 6'4 CBs should be rare. I HATED seeing several each draft.

and lower ratings means the 80 OVR+ freak players will be more rare and actually will stand out, like in real life

im so excited about these changes to the draft class
Rare is a understatement look at the NFL history the 2 best and most dominate with speed big men WR were moss and megatron . And there 6"4 and 6"5 the 6"6 96 speed was too much and same with 6"4 97 speed coner a rare talent is Deion ,champ bailey , revis and there all 6"1 with 97 plus speed guys in there prime there has never been a 6"6 WR or 6"4 CB that's dominate with speed
Old 09-10-2016, 11:34 PM   #58
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Was going to start mine this weekend, but I guess I'll wait for one more patch since I'm an offline franchise guy.
Actually, does the draft class get generated when you start the franchise, or when you progress from the pre-season to the regular season? Because, if the latter, could you not theoretically at least play through the pre-season before the patch hit?
Old 09-10-2016, 11:53 PM   #59
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
hhmm...I'll reserve my judgment until we have more results after to update they pushed out, but I was one who said we shouldn't complain about the drafts too much or it'll get nerfed to results we won't be happy with.

My big issue is they rolled draft classes back to what they are in the game, but I think they generally vastly underrate some of the NFL rookies this year.
And vastly overrated many others. IRL, drafts are a crap shoot. Look at QBs (as just one example). Tony Romo was an undrafted free agent, Tom Brady a 6th rounder, Vince Young and Johnny Manziel were first rounders . . .

So while it is certainly possible some of the rookies are underrated, it is probably not the rookies you or I would most readily think are underrated. And from what I have seen, some of the first rounders (Elliot, for example) are in low 80s/upper 70s, right where they should be, which should qualify them for every day starter duties (or make it easy for them to get there with a little training, which is about right). A rookie coming into the league and being Pro Bowl quality starter their first season, while it happens, is not a common occurrence, and not one human controlled teams should experience regularly.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:10 AM   #60
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
I never posted in that thread but I can attest that at least 30% of WRs I have seen in my classes were over 6'3. Same number for TEs and over 6'2 CBs.
That's an extreme exaggeration. Either that or your game is an anomaly. Most classes I see have 2-3 corners over 6'2, 1-2 wideouts 6'5+. And most of those guys are trash and will never be starters.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 07:47 AM   #61
Rookie

You will never get "realistic" draft classes. Everybody feels that the rookies for his team are underrated (maybe except 1-2 from each class). Sometimes it's true, sometims not.

My main issue is only that the created draft classes match the actual game rosters. In my Oakland Raiders team - although a very talented roster compared to the last few years - many players are under 70 overall and even some rookies are below or just over 70 (71/72). After only 1 or 2 years I have no players below 75 (this year) or even higher on my time, rookies with normal development and just 71 overall are just crap. In real life they are starters from day 1, so something is wrong.

So if the overalls are lower in general - fine for me. From what I've read, they are matching now quite well, but I have to wait for the patch to test them. Definitely there were too many high 70's in the drafts, so no need to keep a practice squad player with <70 - he will never get there where others are already after the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #62
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

i was honestly fine with the classes the way they were as it seems xp is nerfed in m17 and seems hard to progress ppl quickly as it is. im gonna be raising some xp sliders for next season. i understand they dont want a ton of beast in the lg and i get it as i dont either, but the xp gains at least on stock 100%xp im seeing doesnt look like it was gonna produce that anyway. i could be wrong tho
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 09-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #63
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I was also very happy with the draft classes as is. The base rookies needed the tweaks. Too many low rated.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #64
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

If they are going to stick with these less talented draft classes then they need to delay the cost increase for rating progression that starts at 26, move it back to 28, and slow regression down.

If not we will have a bunch of players just becoming starters and then instantly plateauing and then regressing.

Long term, without these changes, we will have very untalented teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »