Home

Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

This is a discussion on Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 08:20 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
This would be a great idea.
G
And what the other guy said, nba 2k16 seems to have done this pretty well. It gave different factors on the screens of them signing. And if you low balled, they would then give a new amount. You could try and convince them to stay another year to win a title, or that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I made negotiations actually feel like...negotiations

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I definitely agree with the 2K thing. I dont even watch nba basketball but once I got that game last year I put madden away. By far the quickest I ever stopped playing my favorite video game. Without cometition the business decision makers at ea are not going to go all out on madden. There is just nothing they can do to increase 100 percent market share that they would not lose profit on when committing more rescources to the game.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #18
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I definitely agree with the 2K thing. I dont even watch nba basketball but once I got that game last year I put madden away. By far the quickest I ever stopped playing my favorite video game. Without cometition the business decision makers at ea are not going to go all out on madden. There is just nothing they can do to increase 100 percent market share that they would not lose profit on when committing more rescources to the game.
Did you really think 2k16 was a good game on court? I personally thought it was trash.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 09:08 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Did you really think 2k16 was a good game on court? I personally thought it was trash.

It was pretty good on court but could use some improvement. Having not played a franchise sports game besides madden in years I was really impresses off the court. I don't think any long time madden player can play that game without thinking, "why can't madden do this". The freshness of the game to me surely is part of it but there is no denying it is more in depth than madden.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:17 AM   #20
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
It was pretty good on court but could use some improvement. Having not played a franchise sports game besides madden in years I was really impresses off the court. I don't think any long time madden player can play that game without thinking, "why can't madden do this". The freshness of the game to me surely is part of it but there is no denying it is more in depth than madden.
Oh yeah off the court it crushes madden. But on court I personally hated it.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:31 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmart14
The number listed is not what the player wants, but is fair market value, which is what real GMs base their offers on.

Also, if you are struggling with signing a player, they seem to be more willing to resign for less in the offseason.

Also, has anyone had an issue with the CPU franchise tagging a good player you were going to let walk? Last night I had a younger player with upside behind Kevin Dodd and needed cap space so I didn't even negotiate. Advance to the next week and there's a storyline about me franchising him. I had to trade him to make sure I got any dead money off the books. All CPU assistance is off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't have the franchise tag issue but another owner in my league had this happen to him. I'm not certain but it might have been a practice squad player or a guy signed off the free agent wire during the season.

I did have a practice squad player who, in the offseason, was not ready to negotiate and the only option I had was to franchise him. I just didn't do anything with him. Maybe this somehow gets triggered by accident.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 12:40 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 2

WOW. I can't believe you guys are getting negotiations. For me it's been cut and dry, usually one offer. They either take it or lock me out, I even set up a dummy league to try different offers. I am the Browns though, They are really a bad team with a lot of Rookies on it. New Coach, Bad team, Losing record, maybe that's the reason. If I were a pro, probably wouldn't want to play there either.
Old 09-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #23
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

from my experience there is no real negotiations, just a little minigame u play to try and sign the guy

game is really lacking in the contracts/negotiations department
Old 09-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #24
Banned

What gets me is the owner mode question 'one of your players is refusing to sign, wut ya gonna do?'

Well maybe if you told me which player youre talking about Larry, I might be able to answer your stupid question in a way that doesnt cause me to bleed ticket sales for 15 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »