Home

Dynamic Development Trait?

This is a discussion on Dynamic Development Trait? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #25
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Dynamic Development Trait?

He but the good news is , you can have backups, who only play a few plays all season, get 20 k xp for "making pro bowl" and get an increase in dev. As one person i know of has already reported this happened to a few of his guys.

The dynamic dev trait changing is just a bad idea imo. the above is just one case, but something tells me if we could track it well, we would know how often it really happens.

Part of their wanting this , they said so if you draft a bust (slow dev) he dont have to be all his career. Well, if thats the case, and knowing how to up it( thru stats and awards) one can simply focus on them to get them there, and get it upped. In real life that isnt real, and to me , it takes away some of the importance and reality of drafting well.

Some teams pick busts. Plenty to name if I wanted to.Those teams in real life get stuck with them until they cut them or find a team to trade them too. But it happens all the time. To me im not a fan of it at all, just leave well enough alone.Instead of giving chance for back ups who barely play to go up in dev and get huge xp boosts.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would counter that late round picks develop into stars all the time irl. Pretty sure that Brady or Russell Wilson would not have had "Super Star" ratings in game, coming out of college.

The science of draft analysis in game is limited at best, but that's pretty much reality. A lot of crap shoots.

Great addition to the game.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #27
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusker
I would counter that late round picks develop into stars all the time irl. Pretty sure that Brady or Russell Wilson would not have had "Super Star" ratings in game, coming out of college.

The science of draft analysis in game is limited at best, but that's pretty much reality. A lot of crap shoots.

Great addition to the game.
While i get what your saying, the thing is , those guys actually had a higher dev trait when they came out of college. The only thing is the scouts overlooked them.They didnt just all the sudden , get a bunch of stats then they started being good players.They were already good. Russell , as a matter of fact, was already so much better than they thought, he started his rookie season, when it wasnt even the play originally. That dont mean , after 4 preseason games, he just all the sudden became a fast devolping guy.He already was, because of his skill,study , and work ethic.Had 0 to do with stats.

In madden, if you get a guy , you like his basic skill sets that you can use, you can force him the ball and try to win player of week award ( which may give increase in dev) or shoot for a yearly award , or just give him enough stats to make probowl , and bam increase in dev is a higher chance. My point here is , this is not a real mimic of real life.Good stats dont = quicker dev in real life. They actually already had higher dev in real life, and that is why they ended up with good stats, not the other way around.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #28
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Considering dev traits can be changed dynamically, XP sliders, the coach XP upgrade options for raising weekly XP for all players plus the options to raise XP for individual positions, AND the added ability to gain XP each week through gameplanning plus the quadruple option of being able to focus train said player, I would never suggest someone spend XP to raise the dev trait. Even less so the older your QB is.

A year's worth of XP is much better served towards individual attributes for obvious reasons. Dev trait doesn't affect how the player plays in game, only his goals and expectations... and this year, every player starts receiving hits to his physical attributes starting at 26 years old. At the same time, the price for his attributes will start to rise significantly as each year passes after that.

I can go on and on about reasons why you shouldn't spend on a player's dev trait. Just not worth it overall, from what I've seen. Use that XP to upgrade his individual attributes based on the scheme you have set in coaching schemes. Then, and only once you have leveled him up enough, you could probably upgrade his dev around his early 30's to possibly slow his decline, but even then, the declines still wouldn't be that drastic to his overall performance to warrant it.

Bottom line is, it's totally possible to make Wentz an elite QB for the rest of his career without ever spending XP to raise his dev trait so long as you properly level his attributes up. If you need help with that, you can use this chart as a base guide.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:51 PM   #29
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

I like seeing players changing and evolving as the franchise keeps sailing foward like the next man.

A no-name 2nd-Stringer being called upon and putting up impressive numbers after a starter having an early season injury is beautiful to see and worthy of rewards.

On the flip side, a prominent starter or a 1st round pick with SS Development rates not preforming the way their value indicates - lowering their devs - is nice as well.

However, second-string players getting upgrades in development traits from merely "riding the coat tails" of their workhorse teammates - is something that just doesn't sit right with me...
Old 09-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #30
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Dynamic Development Trait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
While i get what your saying, the thing is , those guys actually had a higher dev trait when they came out of college. The only thing is the scouts overlooked them.They didnt just all the sudden , get a bunch of stats then they started being good players.They were already good. Russell , as a matter of fact, was already so much better than they thought, he started his rookie season, when it wasnt even the play originally. That dont mean , after 4 preseason games, he just all the sudden became a fast devolping guy.He already was, because of his skill,study , and work ethic.Had 0 to do with stats.

In madden, if you get a guy , you like his basic skill sets that you can use, you can force him the ball and try to win player of week award ( which may give increase in dev) or shoot for a yearly award , or just give him enough stats to make probowl , and bam increase in dev is a higher chance. My point here is , this is not a real mimic of real life.Good stats dont = quicker dev in real life. They actually already had higher dev in real life, and that is why they ended up with good stats, not the other way around.

I get what you're saying with the Wilson example. But it works both ways. Take Alex Smith for example. He was a slow developer and didn't do much for his first handful of seasons. In madden he would have had slow dev. Then Harbaugh comes along and builds a team around him, suddenly he is doing better and developing quickly. Since then he has pretty much plateaued. So if it was madden, he would have started slow dev until things turned around, then he would have changed to quick dev for a year or two, then drop back down to normal. Basically what I'm saying is, Alex Smith was developing very slowly until all of a sudden he put up good numbers with a good team, and then he was able to develop into a good qb.

It's definitely possible for real players to start out developing slow and turn it around later in their career. Not every star will take the league by storm in the first year or two, some guys take longer to catch on. And I'm glad madden now represents that. Dynamic traits are probably my favorite of the new features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Champion8877; 09-28-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #31
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
I get what you're saying with the Wilson example. But it works both ways. Take Alex Smith for example. He was a slow developer and didn't do much for his first handful of seasons. In madden he would have had slow dev. Then Harbaugh comes along and builds a team around him, suddenly he is doing better and developing quickly. Since then he has pretty much plateaued. So if it was madden, he would have started slow dev until things turned around, then he would have changed to quick dev for a year or two, then drop back down to normal.

It's definitely possible for real players to start out developing slow and turn it around later in their career. Not every star will take the league by storm in the first year or two, some guys take longer to catch on. And I'm glad madden now represents that. Dynamic traits are probably my favorite of the new features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good point, however even the example of alex, his "rise" was very short lived.Majority of his career has been , rather average at best.Id rather see guys stay same dev trait, rather than seeing things happen like back ups who hardly play somehow make probowl can go up in dev.It wasnt just 1 player , that happened to that 1 guy ,it was a few.I dont mean this to be rude, but normally when they add things to cfm, its not often it works that well without issues like this.Personally id just rather,if i draft a slow dev guy , that is what i have, over entering a possible he might go up, but see others who shouldnt ever go up, get some bumps due to weird glitch in the system is more my point.

im just curious here, do you play in 32 man online league or offline?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 09-28-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #32
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

Had two guards with normal development make the pro bowl and they went to quick. I had no plans on developing them but I will now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »