Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #809
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Data validation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, can you elaborate? The option is greyed out for me, and googling data validation doesn't seem to give any relevant info for hiding the yellow comment boxes.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #810
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragsy
Sorry, can you elaborate? The option is greyed out for me, and googling data validation doesn't seem to give any relevant info for hiding the yellow comment boxes.

Uncheck the input message box. You might need to unprotect the worksheet before doing this if you're using the protected version of the tool. You can do this under the review tab in Excel.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-08-2016, 03:00 AM   #811
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Great draft for me, although I have to say the net result was that, as the Seahawks, my focus wasn't on rounds 1 and 2. I traded down, loaded my rounds 5-7, and picked up decent talent at OL and TE.

I've zipped and uploaded this draft, albeit not entirely complete of course, for OMN to dissect as you prefer. I did notice some 70+ OVR players fell into the "do not draft" category, while the threshold for draft-worthiness seemed to be 68 OVR for most positions. Some variation is a good thing, I suppose, but there was one player with a 75 OVR that fell.

Overall, this was a lot more fun than winging it. It sure took a lot of time, checking names, entering data, but the overall results are unassailable. Really happy you took the time to build this tool, and I can't wait for the next version.

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 17 CFM Scouting Tool 11_25_16.zip (2.75 MB, 22 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 05:36 PM   #812
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
So here's Chapter 4, the recap from the 2018 draft:

Let me know what you think! Pretty happy with how the draft turned out.
Here's Chapter 5, the recap from the 2018 season. Slightly better than last year, to say the least!

Let me know who you think I should draft with my top pick!

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 PM   #813
Rookie

Quote:
Here's Chapter 5, the recap from the 2018 season. Slightly better than last year, to say the least!

Let me know who you think I should draft with my top pick!
Take the tight end. Very rarely do i see one with a TVR that high. He will be your starter and might end of best TE. He have any draft stories?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:46 PM   #814
Rookie

OVR: 5

So I just got to the point where I am adding in combine stats. Problem I'm seeing (maybe it's normal) out of 175 guys scouted there are only 14 guys that should be Drafted and they are all projected round 1 guys and talent round 1. Not a single 2nd rounder and beyond so far is draftable. There are 4 risky guys, that seems low, no?
Old 12-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #815
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
So I just got to the point where I am adding in combine stats. Problem I'm seeing (maybe it's normal) out of 175 guys scouted there are only 14 guys that should be Drafted and they are all projected round 1 guys and talent round 1. Not a single 2nd rounder and beyond so far is draftable. There are 4 risky guys, that seems low, no?
Yeah, that seems bizarre. In my only draft with this tool, and of those players I scouted, the ratio of blue to red was about 1:2, with all others rated as "do not draft". But questions:
  1. Of the 175 players, was there any position group that was the dominant group?
  2. Did you scout a broader spectrum of projected rounds? In other words, did you only focus on drafting the upper round players, or did you scout players from round 4 and lower?
For me, since I was primarily focusing on drafting potential starters and 2nd string players, I spent my scouting points on players who were young (21,22), who fit the Seahawks' system, and in position groups that were my biggest needs only (full scouting of OL, DT, and LOLB). My suspicion that this draft class also had a decent number of sleeper/late young gems was also involved in my decision to completely ignore 1st and 2nd round projected players.

Last edited by goalieump413; 12-08-2016 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2016, 03:12 AM   #816
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Yeah that doesn't sound right. What version of the tool are you using?

Have you entered data in all the editable fields, i.e. projected round, talent round, skills 1-3, all combine stats?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »