Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:36 PM   #849
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.2 Out Now!

Jowers was a 68 de then converted him to dt.
In year 3 of my raiders franchise. Going for a 3 pt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #850
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.2 Out Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat

Jowers was a 68 de then converted him to dt.
In year 3 of my raiders franchise. Going for a 3 pt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laughed out loud at the second and third names. Corey Fajardo? Cody Fajardo. Adrian Pierson? Adrian Peterson.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #851
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

is there a way for me to download a full version of excel so i can use this tool?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #852
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat
is there a way for me to download a full version of excel so i can use this tool?
You can buy Office 365 for $6.99/month.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #853
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

So I have a concern regarding the "risky pick" result. In my current offline CFA, I'm scouting WR Travonnie Clady, a 23 year old, 6'6" WR out of BYU who's 20yd shuttle time seems to be causing a problem. I entered his final skill as "Spectacular Catch" with a rating of B- and I am advised to not draft this WR. Granted, his 40 time and 3 cone are not stellar, but I noticed that when updating the spreadsheet, changing his shuttle time from 4.19 (don't draft) to 4.18, I get a "draft red chip prospect statement. I thought there was a "risky pick" result. Wouldn't this WR qualify, changing his shuttle .01 seconds difference, to "risky" rather than "draft - red"

Here's really my question: If the threshold for draft/do not draft is that fine a line in the various forumulae present in this spreadsheet, and the result of changing one figure by .01 seconds draws that line, how many potential draftable players are people possibly missing out on due to using the spreadhseet's sorting features to hide the "do not draft" players? When I sort and subsequently hide some players that the tool now indicates are not draft worthy, how many instances of otherwise worthy players get eliminated from visibility due to a hard line between draft and don't draft?

Now, this is only one case, but in two scouting journeys to draft day, I haven't seen any players indicated as "risky". Just grey, blue, and red.

Has anyone seen any (or what qty) of "risky" player labels?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clady_do_draft.JPG (24.2 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg clady_do_not_draft.JPG (24.9 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by goalieump413; 12-18-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:50 AM   #854
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
So I have a concern regarding the "risky pick" result. In my current offline CFA, I'm scouting WR Travonnie Clady, a 23 year old, 6'6" WR out of BYU who's 20yd shuttle time seems to be causing a problem. I entered his final skill as "Spectacular Catch" with a rating of B- and I am advised to not draft this WR. Granted, his 40 time and 3 cone are not stellar, but I noticed that when updating the spreadsheet, changing his shuttle time from 4.19 (don't draft) to 4.18, I get a "draft red chip prospect statement. I thought there was a "risky pick" result. Wouldn't this WR qualify, changing his shuttle .01 seconds difference, to "risky" rather than "draft - red"

Here's really my question: If the threshold for draft/do not draft is that fine a line in the various forumulae present in this spreadsheet, and the result of changing one figure by .01 seconds draws that line, how many potential draftable players are people possibly missing out on due to using the spreadhseet's sorting features to hide the "do not draft" players? When I sort and subsequently hide some players that the tool now indicates are not draft worthy, how many instances of otherwise worthy players get eliminated from visibility due to a hard line between draft and don't draft?

Now, this is only one case, but in two scouting journeys to draft day, I haven't seen any players indicated as "risky". Just grey, blue, and red.

Has anyone seen any (or what qty) of "risky" player labels?
The draft/do not draft criteria are very binary, there's no grey areas. It's something I could look to build in, but it would be quite a lot of rework, and those thresholds do exist for a reason (sometimes, .01 of a second on 3 cone/shuttle seems to be a magic threshold for scrubs and good prospects). Risky pick statuses come when a player's draft status cannot be determined because one of their scouted skills was not one which is required for a definitive draft status. They're pretty rare in v3 of the tool though.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-19-2016, 03:54 AM   #855
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
OMN - quick question for you:

How do you rectify when one player has a higher TVR than the other, but the one with the lower TVR is a blue chip and the higher TVR a red chip? Especially when they're similar positions, like LG/RG? I guess whats more important, blue chip/red chip or TVR?
Depends how big the gap in TVR is. I think of TVR as being a predictor of ability relative to other rookies, and draft status as the "margin of error" for that prediction (i.e. blue chip there is less risk).

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #856
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
The draft/do not draft criteria are very binary, there's no grey areas. It's something I could look to build in, but it would be quite a lot of rework, and those thresholds do exist for a reason (sometimes, .01 of a second on 3 cone/shuttle seems to be a magic threshold for scrubs and good prospects). Risky pick statuses come when a player's draft status cannot be determined because one of their scouted skills was not one which is required for a definitive draft status. They're pretty rare in v3 of the tool though.
OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware of the triggering mechanisms for the risky pick status (or I read it and forgot). I guess this is just one of those areas where the difference between a player qualifying or not qualifying would come down to some subjective view, outside of the draft tool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »