Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #865
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Means you have to wait until combine numbers come out to know for sure if they are a Blue/Red Chip or a Do Not Scout.
I was post combine, but I figured it out. was using the file in google sheets which was causing errors. transfered to excel and its working fine now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #866
Pro

OVR: 3

OMN and other experts - I'm going to solicit your help once again...

You might recall that I posted about my league's draft about a couple of months ago. It's a 24-user league and I had the second pick, and your tool told me to take the CB Taukei Hodges. Turns out he was an absolute beast! So thank you for that, I've also included his ratings below after one year of progression.

Now, heading into the Season 2 Draft I have the #22, 23 and 24 picks in the first round. There are only 22 blue-chips in the entire class, though a few are in the 3-5 rounds, but I wouldn't want to reach on those guys round 1. My team is pretty stacked to this point, but my biggest needs are DT (none in the class), 4-3 OLB (none), a versatile WR (Dez will be cut after this year) and a LG + RT (deep class on o-line, think that's what I'll target in rounds 2 +3).

It's not a need because I have 83 ovr but unspectacular JJ Wilcox at SS, but I feel like my defense would be taken to the next level with an elite safety. With Hodges and Malcolm Butler at CB, Byron Jones at FS I have a ton of speed in the secondary ... and I also have a very good pass-rushing defensive line. Also - with me training my secondary every week for Hodges, I feel like I should maximize that with another secondary player, and I don't have space to progress three new rookies on my team.

Which brings me to my question. Below are the top 10 prospects in this class based on TVR (leaving out 3 TEs who are all in the top 4). Duane Russell is a FS who had an amazing combine. He's ranked as the #31 prospect on the game, but #4 in TVR. When I move him to SS on the sheet, which is where I'd play him, he goes to #2 in the class with a TVR of 96.01. Am I right to believe that this is a truly unique and elite prospect? I have a deal in place to trade #23 and #24 for #6. Then, I'm confident I can get a WR or OL at 22, and take care of the other needs in the 2nd and 3rd round.

As always, I appreciate the help!

Old 12-20-2016, 11:02 AM   #867
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

It is a deal worth doing, but only if you consider the ramifications. If you're thinking long term, both your CB you mentioned and this SS in question will come into their first big contract year one year apart, meaning they'll likely demand a ton of dough. Will you have enough cap space to pay them? If this looks to be a problem, and of course, the other cap space issues you'll face up until that time, you might want to look for a SS that is serviceable in lower rounds, and one you can re-sign to a moderate contract.

I know everybody gets excited about these top prospects, and so do I when I see a truly unique blue chipper, but phasing them onto a roster might work in the short term, but long term... money plays a role.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:39 AM   #868
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
It is a deal worth doing, but only if you consider the ramifications. If you're thinking long term, both your CB you mentioned and this SS in question will come into their first big contract year one year apart, meaning they'll likely demand a ton of dough. Will you have enough cap space to pay them? If this looks to be a problem, and of course, the other cap space issues you'll face up until that time, you might want to look for a SS that is serviceable in lower rounds, and one you can re-sign to a moderate contract.

I know everybody gets excited about these top prospects, and so do I when I see a truly unique blue chipper, but phasing them onto a roster might work in the short term, but long term... money plays a role.
That's a really fair point, but to be honest with you I'm playing to win now. And we complete a season about every 2 months, so I'll likely never see that ramifications.

If you're saying that my biggest problem will be this kid is too much of a star, I feel like I have to do it
Old 12-20-2016, 03:34 PM   #869
Rookie

thelegitgoat's Arena

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.2 Out Now!

Should I input a 3-4 de as a dt in the scouting tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2016, 04:02 PM   #870
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezeral
does how you type in a skill matter?
ex. RTE running v. route running
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezeral
to go with this post, I have multiple guys where I have scouted them 100% and inputted all the info, but the guide tells me to continue to keep scouting them. Did I do something wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
this is my first time seeing a QB this high. I have seen other positions this high (i got a MLB last year who got D ROY who was that high). once i saw the TVR over 97 i t hought it is my chance to get one of these super QBs that everyone is finding. I guess i can always do what i did now and trade him away when his salary becomes 10+ million a year
Great move on my part! he was is a 84 OVR SS Dev with 76 AWR from the gate. His TA Short and Mid are 88 and his TA Deep is 84. Top it off he has a speed of 80 and his PlayAcc and THRonR are both over 70 as well. If this dude wasnt 23, he would be the greatest QB prospect ever! the rest of the draft turned out meh... no other starters just a bunch of solid bench players in the low 70s who have potential.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:08 PM   #871
Rookie

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.2 Out Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat
Should I input a 3-4 de as a dt in the scouting tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i dont usually input the person like that. what i do is input them as their true position and then i switch them to see where they fall. i then make a note in their name field that they should be switch. so that i rank them accordingly and not over draft them knowing that i will make out in the end. i switch them back once i am done scouting them.

Its just my method. i dont think there is a right or wrong way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #872
Rookie

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

So this is my rookie TE as of Week 11 he is leading in OROY award and has already met his season goals I'm curious as to how y'all would progress him as he is shaping up to be my key offensive weapon but this is the first time I've had to draft and develope a TE since we (49ers) no longer have Vernon Davis

Last edited by Niner_Souljah; 12-22-2016 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »