Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #889
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Looks like a compatibility problem in whatever spread sheet application you're using. The skill fields where it says 'Pass Blocking' or 'Run Blocking' should read Pass Block and Run Block respectively.
That was the issue, not sure why in other drafts 'Pass Blocking' etc worked just fine but as soon as I took off the 'ing' it corrected
Old 12-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #890
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
That was the issue, not sure why in other drafts 'Pass Blocking' etc worked just fine but as soon as I took off the 'ing' it corrected
It wouldn't have worked in the other drafts. It's always been with the 'ing' and the formulae rely on the exact name matches to do the lookups to check draft status criteria and calculate the TVR.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #891
Banned

Quote:
It wouldn't have worked in the other drafts. It's always been with the 'ing' and the formulae rely on the exact name matches to do the lookups to check draft status criteria and calculate the TVR.
It worked for other drafts as well as OG and C positions in this draft which is why it was so odd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2016, 06:24 PM   #892
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
It worked for other drafts as well as OG and C positions in this draft which is why it was so odd
It actually didn't work. You were shorting yourself points. It was probably enough to fall into a certain tier. I bet you go back to your old sheets and fix people their tvrs will change.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #893
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Right then you lucky lot, Santa is a little late this year but he is bestowing a great gift upon you. V4 IS NOW OUT!

***New for Version 4!***
  • Scout Dev Traits! My research into scouting dynamic dev traits via draft stories is now incorporated into the tool. You get a predictor for % likelihood of a certain dev trait, and the draft stories now impact TVR at a much more granular level than in previous versions.
  • Some minor scouting criteria tweaks. Lots of minor tweaks and changes. 4-3 OLBs are now at less of a disadvantage compared to their pass rushing counterparts, and the chance of missing on a potentially good safety that the tool tells you not to draft has gone down significantly.
  • True Value Rating algorithm tweaked to further normalise it across positions.

Download the file now from here, or via the uploaded file in the OP:

Moving in-flight draft classes from V3 to V4:
You shouldn't have too many problems moving in-flight classes from V3 to V4. The only problems will come from the Draft Stories field. You will need to remove values from this field before copying your V3 data.

When selecting your v3 data to copy, only select cells up to column R (Bench Press), and remember to use Paste Values, not the default paste option, when pasting your data into V4.

Preview Images:
Here is a little preview of V4 of the tool (N.B. this is an incomplete draft class):

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 12-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #894
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Right then you lucky lot, Santa is a little late this year but he is bestowing a great gift upon you. V4 IS NOW OUT!

***New for Version 4!***
  • Scout Dev Traits! My research into scouting dynamic dev traits via draft stories is now incorporated into the tool. You get a predictor for % likelihood of a certain dev trait, and the draft stories now impact TVR at a much more granular level than in previous versions.
  • Some minor scouting criteria tweaks. Lots of minor tweaks and changes. 4-3 OLBs are now at less of a disadvantage compared to their pass rushing counterparts, and the chance of missing on a potentially good safety that the tool tells you not to draft has gone down significantly.
  • True Value Rating algorithm tweaked to further normalise it across positions.

Download the file now from here, or via the uploaded file in the OP:

Moving in-flight draft classes from V3 to V4:
You shouldn't have too many problems moving in-flight classes from V3 to V4. The only problems will come from the Draft Stories field. You will need to remove values from this field before copying your V3 data.

When selecting your v3 data to copy, only select cells up to column R (Bench Press), and remember to use Paste Values, not the default paste option, when pasting your data into V4.

Preview Images:
Here is a little preview of V4 of the tool (N.B. this is an incomplete draft class):

You are a beast man. I can't wait. Just started year 6 in my cfm so I'm ready to try this out.
Old 12-28-2016, 09:47 PM   #895
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
You are a beast man. I can't wait. Just started year 6 in my cfm so I'm ready to try this out.
Likewise, excellent timing for me. Just started year 2 and will definitely put this too work.
This tool almost makes me go into coach mode and sim the games, just so I can start scouting the next week.

You are the real MVP, OMN!

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2016, 11:24 PM   #896
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
Happy Holidays all.

OMN, out of curiosity, do you plan on releasing a new version any time soon? I ask because I'm considering starting a new franchise, but if there's a new version of the tool imminent I'd prefer to just wait rather than migrate data mid-season.
Guess I got my question answered! Thanks OP, I can't wait to try out V4.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »