Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzalo
In my CFM we have about 360 players in the rookie draft and I was entering all of them into the spreadsheet

So, am I doing it wrong by putting in every single player? Should I just be entering the players I scout?

Thanks!
Delete the players from the spreadsheet once the scouting tool tells you not to draft them. Also, pay attention to the requirements for each position. For instance, a defensive end requires at least one B+ grade and a minimum of a B- grade. If the first skill you scout is rated less than a B+, stop scouting and move on. You can read about all the requirements on his bloghttps://natedogg-gaming.blogspot.co....ool-guide.html
Old 10-09-2016, 03:44 PM   #90
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
In my CFM we have about 360 players in the rookie draft and I was entering all of them into the spreadsheet

So, am I doing it wrong by putting in every single player? Should I just be entering the players I scout?

Thanks!
Yes. Just enter the players you scout. If you don't fully scout the players they won't compare right (ie just combine numbers and no top 3 skills).
Old 10-09-2016, 04:37 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 0

I set up a Google sheet for data collection to see if we can come up with an expected TVR to Overall comparison by position. If you want to help collect the data request access to the sheet. I also included spaces for the player's projected round as well as their "Madden True Value" to see if we can find any further correlations.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 04:41 PM   #92
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:

Thanks!
Yeah just enter the ones you scout. No way you'll have enough points to do every prospect in a draft class, so it's a waste of energy putting them in. I find I can do every prospect from rounds 1-7 and a few UDFA prospects in a weak-average class. In a strong class, there's usually a position or two with some undrafted prospects projected in rounds 1-7. Most rows you'll ever need unless you're reloading etc. to refresh your scouting point allocation for a week is about 200.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:42 PM   #93
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
I set up a Google sheet for data collection to see if we can come up with an expected TVR to Overall comparison by position. If you want to help collect the data request access to the sheet. I also included spaces for the player's projected round as well as their "Madden True Value" to see if we can find any further correlations.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
This is a great idea, but it would help me even more if I had access to all of the user inputted data plus actual OVR (i.e. all the scouted skills, grades and combine stats). This will help with weighting the TVR, but won't help me tweak the criteria.

Any chance you could add those fields (preferably in the same order as in my original tool to make copying and pasting easier)?

I've got reams of data I can put in, but I'll only put in the post tuning update classes.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
This is a great idea, but it would help me even more if I had access to all of the user inputted data plus actual OVR (i.e. all the scouted skills, grades and combine stats). This will help with weighting the TVR, but won't help me tweak the criteria.

Any chance you could add those fields (preferably in the same order as in my original tool to make copying and pasting easier)?

I've got reams of data I can put in, but I'll only put in the post tuning update classes.
Yeah I'll edit those fields in
Old 10-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #95
Banned

Google sheet edited to more closely resemble the scouting sheet. I did reorder the combine measurements so they are in order that they appear on the prospect card.

EDIT: When collecting data, set all positions you are inputting to Balanced in your schemes, except for Right and Left Ends who do not have a "Balanced" archetype so should be set to 3-4 Versatile which is the most balanced overall formula for the Ends.

Last edited by TheDominator273; 10-09-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #96
Rookie

Denzalo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah just enter the ones you scout. No way you'll have enough points to do every prospect in a draft class, so it's a waste of energy putting them in. I find I can do every prospect from rounds 1-7 and a few UDFA prospects in a weak-average class. In a strong class, there's usually a position or two with some undrafted prospects projected in rounds 1-7. Most rows you'll ever need unless you're reloading etc. to refresh your scouting point allocation for a week is about 200.

All right, that makes sense. I'll make some adjustments tonight.

Regarding the ones with a projection of "undrafted". Do you scout them at the same time as 1-7? Like on step one when you're doing QBs do you go through all the QBs projected 1-7 AND the QBs projected to be undrafted? Or do you scout the 1-7s and move on to offensive tackles? Leaving the undrafteds for leftover points for when you've gone through to the last of the 1-7 projected defensive ends?

By the way this tool rocks. I made a forum account just for these questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »