Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2016, 02:41 AM   #97
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzalo
All right, that makes sense. I'll make some adjustments tonight.

Regarding the ones with a projection of "undrafted". Do you scout them at the same time as 1-7? Like on step one when you're doing QBs do you go through all the QBs projected 1-7 AND the QBs projected to be undrafted? Or do you scout the 1-7s and move on to offensive tackles? Leaving the undrafteds for leftover points for when you've gone through to the last of the 1-7 projected defensive ends?

By the way this tool rocks. I made a forum account just for these questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to leave the undrafteds until the very end if I have any spare points and then target positions like LB that sometimes have good UDFA in the low 70s.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #98
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Thought I'd share a few more of my draft classes I've been getting using the tool. It must be said, I'm seeing a heck of a lot of variance in the overall quality of the classes after the tuning updates. Some classes only have about 20-25 draftable prospects, most of which go in the first round, while others have closer to 50 and include plenty of mid/late round gems.

This was the best class I got:

This was the worst. Such a rubbish class generally:

Heading into the 2021 playoffs (just before that last class above), this is what my Browns team looked like thanks to the tool. Not too shabby! The ROLB and the FS are both free agent acquisitions. Turns out I didn't need to shell out for a pass rusher as I drafted Curry Applewhite that year, but I can't cut Dye due to cap penalties. And the FS I ended up with because my old FS, Prennis Dillard from my very first draft, wouldn't sign an extension and I had to use my franchise tag on another player. The CB1 is also a FA, as I've got a ropey set of CBs and haven't been able to find a good one in the draft. Donovan Royal looked like he would be my shutdown corner, but a serious injury in his sophomore season really hampered his progress and he's never got beyond a solid number 2 corner.

Stars of my team are QB Ben Trejo, who's been league MVP once and a 3 time pro bowler. HB Roman Babineaux is a strange player who doesn't really excel at anything in particular but rushes for ludicrous totals every year and bags loads of touchdowns. He's a 4x pro bowler. LT Trey Devine was a pick in 2017 that I was initially annoyed about as he was only a 73 OVR I think, but he learned from Joe Thomas by playing RT and eventually took over on the blindside when Joe retired. He's a 3 x pro bowler. In fact, my whole O line is ridiculously good really. LG Deese is looking like a bonafide stud in particular as he's a 90 OVR at 24 years old. My TE Jack Michael is a great receiver even if he can't block to save his life, and my receiving corps is pretty good too even if they're all midgets. Ben Lewis is the tallest of the bunch at 6'2 but thankfully Jack Michael is 6'6 and provides some height in the end zone. I did have a couple of big receivers, but got some good trade offers from the CPU that were too good to turn down for the 3rd and 4th receivers on my depth chart at the time.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:16 PM   #99
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

@Old Man Nathy

What kind of stats is your team putting up? That offense is an all-time great group but your defensive unit looks good, but more like a B or B+ in comparison.

I'm guessing you're putting up 30+ a game and allowing close to 20 a game?

Thanks for sharing your results, by the way.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:29 PM   #100
Rookie

atvmx21's Arena

Is it possible to get this file to work in Google Sheets? I don't have excel and I don't want to pay for it.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvmx21
Is it possible to get this file to work in Google Sheets? I don't have excel and I don't want to pay for it.
Yes, I am using it in google sheets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #102
Rookie

atvmx21's Arena

Damn, idk what I am doing wrong that I can't open that in Google Sheets???

EDIT: Figured it out.. I am an idiot. Trying this out now! Seems awesome.

Last edited by atvmx21; 10-10-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:35 PM   #103
Rookie

Figured I'll post my current team;

My offense tends to be a heavy dose of running, I put a high importance on a great OL as you can see. Give me a power back with a little wiggle and I'm set. I most likely run the ball upwards of 35 times a game, and throw maybe 18-24.

Defense are big uglies with an emphasis on power moves versus finesse. I keep with the Seahawk mantra of physical DBs who are gifted at man coverage. Sutherland brings the hammer and McWilliams is the playmaker in the defensive backfield.

As good as my kicker is he cost me my last game where he was my only scoring output. Lost to the Chargers 16-15 as I missed a 48 yarder off the post as time expired.

The real star of my defense is Phillip Jells.

He has good wheels, impressive pass rushing skills, and can defend the pass. Just need to put some experience into his catching attribute.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #104
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Jells might be the best player I've ever seen in a football game. He literally can play every position on defense. And he's only 24!?

By the way, are you being nice to the CPU because I don't see how you're not putting up ridiculous numbers with that roster. What settings/sliders are you using?

Last edited by jmik58; 10-10-2016 at 08:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »