Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2016, 08:20 PM   #489
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.1 Out Now!

Can't tell if this is a positive or negative story, I see how it could be both:

tweet: "I can't see the reason for all the recent love for Justin Saturday. He's one injury away from playing poorly again."

Story: Playing through injury

Draft experts are moving UP RT Justin Saturday after seeing him play at 100%

the tweet is kind of negative ish but the story is positive so I guess that would be a positive story?

ALSO: something about this DT not being invited to the Combine due to ineligiblity, went to put in his combine scores then I realized he was the player that didnt' attend, but even though I still went to look he wasn't even on the draft list anymore, I can't find him it's like he completely disappeared. Thought I'd share that piece of information

Last edited by darkraiusa; 11-04-2016 at 10:41 PM. Reason: extra info
Old 11-04-2016, 08:23 PM   #490
Rookie

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

It ain't much but I attached that list provided by darkraiusa in an Excel document and added avg and median points per round. Thought you could maybe use those values for assessing how much future picks are worth, or something close to it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden.zip (10.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #491
Rookie

Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM - Version 3.1 Out Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Can't tell if this is a positive or negative story, I see how it could be both:

tweet: "I can't see the reason for all the recent love for Justin Saturday. He's one injury away from playing poorly again."

Story: Playing through injury

Draft experts are moving UP RT Justin Saturday after seeing him play at 100%

the tweet is kind of negative ish but the story is positive so I guess that would be a positive story?
Personally I would find that positive because he showed grit to play through it, although maybe he has a low injury rating or something. I know people on here may have a better idea though if they've seen a similar story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #492
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
Wins the Heisman as a WR, but I guess he grades out better as a DB? He didn't have any other draft story about him playing 2 ways.
I had one of those my 1st season. They were talking about his catching but he was a CB and won the Heisman. I traded for him in year 3 (his 2nd year).

Just to run a test I converted him to WR (and quickly back to CB) to see if he could possibly be a 2 way player when I saw his catching was rated 86, but he had terrible route running and release ratings so it didn't work.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #493
Rookie

I haven't used V 3 yet, but in the draft just completed with V2, the X in "player drafted" column wouldn't grey out the entire row for many of the players. Not sure if anyone had nentioned that as a bug.

Observations:

1. Only 12.5% (28/224) had slow (4), Quick (15), or SS (9) Development. Not sure if others are seeing that or this was a overall bad draft.

2. Players underperforming their projections did prove to be not great "overall" guys, but several UD projected guys showed to be valuable guys.

Now 2 questions. ..

How do you account for or take into consideration the "awareness factor in regards to overall? Its almost always the biggest factor of a player's OVR and almost never a top skill. It is also one of the cheapest to acquire.

Related to that... Play Req for safeties/CB is also very cheap, and think many FS/SS might slide up. Knowing the cost of that skill id be ok with a dumber guy in some instances.
Old 11-04-2016, 11:26 PM   #494
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Any plan to add Broad Jump Combine Scores to the Scouting Tool? Or does that not really mean nothing?

Also the Punter i mentioned earlier with the F grading, I put in a D, and filled out his entire scouting report, and it still says to scout further. I don't know what to do here.

Last edited by darkraiusa; 11-05-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:40 AM   #495
Rookie

Denzalo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkraiusa
Any plan to add Broad Jump Combine Scores to the Scouting Tool? Or does that not really mean nothing?

Also the Punter i mentioned earlier with the F grading, I put in a D, and filled out his entire scouting report, and it still says to scout further. I don't know what to do here.

Clearly the answer is don't scout punters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 01:02 AM   #496
Rookie

darkraiusa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzalo
Clearly the answer is don't scout punters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't usually. I'm just doing the entire draft class so he can collect more data.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »