Home

PSX1 Interview with Rex Dickson

This is a discussion on PSX1 Interview with Rex Dickson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
PSX1 Interview with Rex Dickson

On January 21st, PSX1 Sports and Majesty95 interviewed Rex Dickson in a 30 minute podcast.

One can draw their own conclusions, including why the MUT crowd receives a title update before a tourney.

Also, thank you goes to Jfsolo to alerting us to this interview.

PS- If a mod could change the typo in the title, I would appreciate it. It should be a 1 instead of !. Thank you.

I feel it's an informative interview and hopefully, others feel the same way.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
re: PSX1 Interview with Rex Dickson

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
On January 21st, PSX1 Sports and Majesty95 interviewed Rex Dickson in a 30 minute podcast.

One can draw their own conclusions, including why the MUT crowd receives a title update before a tourney.

Also, thank you goes to Jfsolo to alerting us to this interview.

PS- If a mod could change the typo in the title, I would appreciate it. It should be a 1 instead of !. Thank you.

I feel it's an informative interview and hopefully, others feel the same way.

Before listening to the whole 30 minutes, is there any mention of franchise mode or its' future?
Old 01-30-2017, 11:28 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
Before listening to the whole 30 minutes, is there any mention of franchise mode or its' future?
There is a smattering of a mention about putting a lot of resources into the mode this year, but overall, not much on the future or direction of CFM.

It's mostly touches on gameplay at the present, short term future and a look at the past for a bit. Even Ian's name is mentioned.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:09 AM   #4
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I love when Devs really dive deeper into the process of things as opposed to being very vague. That was really good. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 01-31-2017, 12:22 AM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: PSX! Interview with Rex Dickson

Rex said that CFM usage for M17 was up almost 100% from M16. It would seem logical this would keep the resource allocation for the mode the same at the very least or even allow for an increase.

Now because some here don't really like the direction of the mode they may not see that as necessarily a good thing, but you can tell from the interview and from statements on Twitter that Rex thinks of CFM as the mode for simulation gamers, so it's my opinion that they will work hard to improve the realistic football elements in this mode.

The CFM crowd just has to be more vocal about what we want, especially as it pertains to them implementing gameplay options for the mode that are different from the default and tourney settings.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2017, 12:39 AM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PSX1 Interview with Rex Dickson

I feel that the main focus is going to be MUT, with its Salary Cap Championships going forward...
Old 01-31-2017, 01:28 AM   #7
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Good interview always nice to hear from these guys about the process. One thing he said that continues to bother me is them needing feedback from us the fans about the things we want from a "simulation" experience. Its been almost 12 years since Madden became the sole NFL football game, there have been threads, post and lists ad nauseam about what the sim crowds want out of this game. I appreciate the fact that he was upfront about it and other aspects of the development cycle and there is nothing wrong with asking for help, just frustrating that we've been doing that for over a decade already. But I digress, it was a great interview for this time of the year.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 01-31-2017, 02:18 AM   #8
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

It's a good thing to hear that more users were playing Franchise than less users. Not that I want them to think what Franchise Mode is right now is "good enough" or anything like that. There are a lot of desired changes that we've all discussed at length in these threads, on Twitter and Youtube, etc, but I don't want to see the mode fall off and die, so the more the merrier.

I also try to keep this in perspective: Rex isn't the "franchise guy." Kind of baffled me when he said he doesn't think abilities belong in a simulation football game (said on Twitter), mainly because I don't think a 1-100 rating scale that shows itself as the same to pretty much everyone is simulation at all. But I'd like to hear him talk about it and what he thinks a good solution might be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »