Home

Madden gameplay suggestion

This is a discussion on Madden gameplay suggestion within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden gameplay suggestion

So a new game called For Honor is set to release soon and the combat system forces players to recognize what the other player's move is and react accordingly. It all happens quickly forcing players to use counters etc. (That was my impression of what happens and I have no clue on how it actually works so I probably am wrong). However I was thinking Madden could use that idea for their gameplay or something similar. I think if you created your own player and played as him this could work.

For instance if you're playing as a defensive lineman then you would have to react to the offensive lineman's moves. If you noticed that the offensive lineman began to lunge at you, you could press a button to swim move and get past him. Or if you notice that the offensive lineman is giving you an opening inside, you could press a few buttons and perform a swim move to the inside. Ratings would still be implemented to give you success rate and such.
This could also work for WRs or CBs during releases as both would press buttons in response to the other CPU or player whether a successful jam occurs or the WR gets a clean release. Or when a ball is thrown, there is a lot of subtle hand swatting or grabbing by both the CB and WR in real life so that could work here as well. If they respond correctly, the WR could be able to get the CB's hands off of him and a good chance at catching the ball or if the CB wins then he could get a good swat to affect the chance of the WR catching the ball greatly.

Other ways that this could be implemented position wise: LBs using button combos to get blocksheds, in coverage, or even if a RB was about to use a stiff arm they could counter that successfully and knock the hand away to make the tackle. TEs/OL can use this for blocking as they would constantly need to reposition hands and gain good position. This can decide whether they hold blocks or let the defender get a blockshed. Safeties can be affected with jump balls as they would need to press the right buttons to break up the pass or get in good position.

This is pretty complex to create with football with everything happening at full speed but I think it would be pretty cool to see this. Perhaps this could then lead to a MyPlayer mode like in 2K where they could play things similar to Pro-Am or Mypark. Instead it could be like a 7v7 passing league type of thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden gameplay suggestion

Maybe in madden 2341.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »