Home

Six Ways to Make Madden More of a Simulation

This is a discussion on Six Ways to Make Madden More of a Simulation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Six Ways to Make Madden More of a Simulation

Some other things:

- CPU should use timeouts throughout the game rather than just saving them for the end of halves. If the defensive formation they are against is a direct counter to their play (or vice versa), have them call a timeout and regroup.

- The no huddle/hurry up offense seems pretty robotic in general. Why is it the wide receivers can run 20+ yards back to their spot and not even hear what the play is from their QB and still run a perfect route? It should take longer to have the QB communicate the play to his players.

- Route running should matter. Everything is done on a perfect line. Players with low route running should make mistakes like cutting to the inside too soon (or late). They should be programmed to say "I need to go to spot X on the field, but how I get there is up in the air". All of this would screw up timing and cause incompletions.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

In terms of embracing the unpredictable, I completely agree. Would love to see (with regard to these "big decisions") drafts where a team drafts a player prone to injuries that never plays a down due to health issues. I understand why the shield doesn't want character issues infiltrating the game, it makes them look bad, but drafting character issues should come with a penalty. Players should rarely, but at times still, retire abruptly, due to injuries.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #11
YRN
Banned

Please give us tackle sound back. I don't understand why it's not there.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #12
YRN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Some other things:

- CPU should use timeouts throughout the game rather than just saving them for the end of halves. If the defensive formation they are against is a direct counter to their play (or vice versa), have them call a timeout and regroup.

- The no huddle/hurry up offense seems pretty robotic in general. Why is it the wide receivers can run 20+ yards back to their spot and not even hear what the play is from their QB and still run a perfect route? It should take longer to have the QB communicate the play to his players.

- Route running should matter. Everything is done on a perfect line. Players with low route running should make mistakes like cutting to the inside too soon (or late). They should be programmed to say "I need to go to spot X on the field, but how I get there is up in the air". All of this would screw up timing and cause incompletions.
I love the route running idea. Would make receivers really really matter.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

QB play, injuries and opponent AI are glaring omissions on this list.
Quarterback is arguably the most important position in all of sports. The fact that all QBs, young or old, accurate or inaccurate, operate the same really hurt the game. I feel there is much work needed in this area.
Franchise is as much about team building/managing as any thing else. On top of ratings needing to be respected, injuries have a very prominent role in football. Off the ball injuries, lingering injuries, and injuries that have pennant effect should be in the game.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:56 PM   #14
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Essentially the same areas we've been asking for large improvement in for years...
Old 02-13-2017, 02:58 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I vote for just getting rid of instant replay altogether in Madden. If it's broken and can't recognize what the game is showing graphically, all it really does is create bad calls for the sake of justifying its inclusion. Sure, it's in the real NFL but I can't imagine that too many people (simheads, included) would look at sports games and complain that there aren't enough bad calls. Just my 2c...

Great article, but I disagree with getting rid of challenges, this is a huge part of the NFL now. What should be done is get it FIXED! I hate to say this, but if the last competitor can get it right, with choices of what should be challenged and the game get it right more often than not (I don't hear anyone complaining much about what that game did with challenges), it can be done!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
Can someone clarify to me why the booth call in the video was incorrect? Is it because it should have been reversed as an incomplete pass? It if was in fact a completed pass, the booth call of calling him down was correct, as the knee hit the ground before the ball came out. But yeah, it probably should have been called "incomplete".
Yes. It should have been incomplete. He didn't make a football move or tuck the ball away (could be poor animation)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »