Home

Madden on Nintendo Switch

This is a discussion on Madden on Nintendo Switch within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2017, 02:57 PM   #1
MVP

prey2god's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden on Nintendo Switch

I know it hasn't been announced, but do you guys think it'll happen and if it does, how do you think it'll be?

I know if they do it, it'll probably be a scaled down version as far as graphics goes, but it would be nice to have a portable Madden.

I work Graveyard shift in my IT Department and there's hardly anything to do after the first couple of hours and it would be nice to catch up on some Madden during this time.

Hopefully it doesn't look like an extreme ported version like that of ps vita. That Madden just blew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #2
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden on Nintendo Switch

I think it would be great, yea it will take a graphics hit but who care. Even better would be a much deeper franchise mode whit a more in depth scouting and training aspect. Add more to that side of things to off set the graphical power, people could really dig deeper into the off season/GM aspects of the game with the ability to take the same quality home version of the game on the road with them. So much different then just porting a save over to a very different system in capabilities to continue games on the go like you could with the show and madden with PS4 and the vita.

I really think there are a lot of great things EA could do to make the switch version unique in a way that keeps the fundamentals of the game in place but takes full advantage of the ability to take the game everywhere and not have quality of play compromised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 03-20-2017, 01:45 AM   #3
MVP

prey2god's Arena

If it looks anything like Fifa 17 on Switch, I might buy it. People are complaining about how it looks. I don't think it looks that bad tbh. But then again, I don't play soccer games.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

J.Cole's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Hopefully it doesn't look like an extreme ported version like that of ps vita. That Madden just blew
If anything we'd be lucky to have it like the vita version, Ithe was pretty much an exact copy of madden 12 without mut which I think is ok for most players.

If the switch version is a direct copy of madden 17 I feel like most players would be happy with that.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

The fact that fifa 18 is coming out I feel that Madden 18 should also take the risk.

I know MANY players would rather have the portability of a madden rather than the console version of it so that they can play it while watching games etc as well during the football season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Do the Switch pro controller and more importantly the two joycon setup have enough buttons to map all the controls from PS4/XB1 Madden? That'd be my first concern for a port, above anything related the graphics.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
Pro

Qdiddy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Do the Switch pro controller and more importantly the two joycon setup have enough buttons to map all the controls from PS4/XB1 Madden? That'd be my first concern for a port, above anything related the graphics.

The pro controller is the exact same controller as the xbox controller so that is not an issue. EA just likes to act like Madden can only run on a very certain type of hardware that runs their engine, even though much better quality games run on much better engines with platforms of all types. I do hope they bring it over even if just a port as sports games are perfect for playing hand held especially while watching a game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Syracuse Orange

XB1 GT: H8ter Nation79
Old 04-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #8
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I've been thinking about this pretty frequently lately, as I'm playing my Switch in handheld mode quite a bit now. I think, if done properly, Madden could be a very good addition to the Switch. Problem is, based on EA's track record, I don't believe they'd make anything worthy of buying for the Switch. Their attitude seems to be "We're not going to make Madden for Nintendo platforms because that's not our demographic and no one buys it," when in reality, they don't make compelling versions for Nintendo consoles.

This game would take a pretty big hit in graphics, but if they made a really deep single player franchise mode specifically for it, or an interesting career mode, I think it would sell really well. The Switch is already selling well, and I think it will continue to do so, especially this holiday season. If people had the ability to start playing a franchise game, put the Switch in sleep mode, bring it with them, and basically play the game throughout the day... or be able to bring their Switch with them to make roster adjustments or do off-season stuff while they're on work breaks or running errands with their spouse, it could really be compelling.

I just don't think EA would go to that length, and perhaps rightfully so, as cost vs profit could not be in their favor. A port of these games isn't going to be compelling enough for people to buy the game on Switch, and even if they did make Madden for Switch, it won't be out before the Switch gets flooded with games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »