Home

Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Changes - What Do You Want to See?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Changes - What Do You Want to See? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2017, 10:31 PM   #57
Rookie

dsk1317's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Changes - What Do You Want to See?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
1. Real physic
2. Adaptive AI
3. Real counters to everything like nickel blitz 2.

I gave three specifics to the changes I want in gameplay.

I'll add

4. Much better deep zone play from safeties.

5. Improved 4 man pass rush for elite pass rushers.

6. Different running styles of players and actually variation of player on field styles.

7. Much better QB play including running QB's taking off more and less of the QB's just throwing it away when under pressure.

8. CB's must be able to actually bump and force receivers toward coverage correctly.

9. Fix special teams kick off and punt return blocking.

10. More variation of QB's inaccuracies. More throws behind or under thrown.

11. The ability to throw the ball on the ground when a screen is blown up.

12. Weather should have more affect on gameplay.

13. Young players getting rattled like NCAA football used to do

14. WR splints need to be accurate according to real plays. This will help offense to force defense out of base defense.

I stop there. These are my top gameplay changes I would like to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Base pass rush and vastly improved deep zone play, both are desperately needed. Great list, charter, and I would love to see more of your ideas.

Sent from my XT1080 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-07-2017, 10:35 PM   #58
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19
Bring it back to PC. I did not buy 17 won't buy 18 unless it is back on PC. I know that is unlikely for 18 because it is the first year on Frostbite by my hope is 19 will be back.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:36 PM   #59
All Star

1. Better line play/pass rush- Right now line play is just not that good and it is just about impossible to get a good pass rush. Its like either have blocking low and then you get to the QB to often or have the slider for blocking high and never get to the QB. Block just doesn't look that realistic either. If line play interaction could be improved like WR/DB interactions where in Madden 16 that would make the game so much better.

2. CPU QB smarts- Basically the QB needs to now when they should try to run the ball or sit in the pocket. Right now there is basically no scrambling QB play.

3. Clock management- My issue is that basically the only time CPU will go to no huddle is if they are down with less then 2 minutes. If CPU has the ball down like 10-14 points with only like 5 minutes instead of going to no huddle and trying to score and trying to then lead time so they could maybe get the ball back and try to score again instead they will not and will play like it is just the first quarter.

If these 3 things could be fixed the gameplay would be just about perfect.

Last edited by Smallville102001; 04-07-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #60
Pro

Add a Community Madden Share draft classes and be able to import it in a franchise and scout real upcoming players, Like how they had for Madden 12.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #61
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Bring in vannwolfhawk to create the default playbook for every single team.

If the devs don't do this, it leads me to believe that they really don't care about the authenticity of this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #62
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Bring in vannwolfhawk to create the default playbook for every single team.

If the devs don't do this, it leads me to believe that they really don't care about the authenticity of this game.
It's not just the playbooks that can use an overhaul, it's the gameplan (star) "system"...

Often times the CPU has an acceptable variety of plays available to them, they just don't get called or don't get called in the proper situation, etc...
Old 04-08-2017, 10:52 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 21

1. Seperate the defensive line stunts/gap assignments from the play call.
2. Be able to tell LB/DBs which gaps you want them to blitz.
3. Better man coverage technique by DBs.
4. A defender SHOULD be able to run AWAY from the side he is being blocked from. I have seen TOO MANY instances of defenders playing patty cake with offensive linemen when all they have to simply do(like they do in real life) is run away from the block to where the ball carrier is going.

5. DB's need a way to stay with WR's that run away from them after the offensive play has broke down. The offense has TOO much advantage with this. The WR's continue on to another route while the DB/LB just sits there and watches the WR run away from them.

6. I should not have to pick a certain formation in a certain playbook to get a coverage i want to have. Why is there no cover 6 from the 46 ?
With that on offense some of the 4 wide formations need more run plays.

7. Fatigue needs to be looked at. I cant believe NFL players get winded after one drive. There also needs to be a way to let you know what ratings are getting affected by fatigue during the game so you can make appropriate adjustments.

8. Excel ratings spreadsheets for each team should be released online with the game. You cheaped out on the instruction booklet that used to come with the games and had all the player ratings. Heck you make millions of dollars off the game give us a dang excel book with all the teams ratings.

9. Let us adjust the HB/FB blitz pickup assignments. What you have now does not work. We need more pass block schemes for the oline also.

10.Player movement/animations, suction blocking/tackling all need to be addressed BADLY.

OH, and have a DETAILED explanation of the player ratings and DEMO them working in a video.
25+ years of Madden and NOBODY knows what known of the ratings really mean, especially how they are suppose to counter each other.

Last edited by TombSong; 04-08-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I'm not going to post too much here but what I would like to see more than anything else:

1. Players who act like they know what they are doing and they are on a mission to do it.
- Just thinking about run blocking. I need to see OL that are mean and nasty getting to the second level with ill intentions. Currently guys are just jogging around acting like they don't know who they are going to block, but if someone bumps into them then they'll block them.

2. Ratings that are very clear and allow you to build a offense or defense around it. Let me explain. If I have a Center, RG, LG all with 95 run blocking, my offense should be an interior nightmare for teams that do not have high block shed personnel. If you are not going to stunt your linebackers and bring secondary personnel into that GCG area I should be able to pound you into submission until you do that. Currently, the game allows guys get away with bad decisions and not adjusting to what the strength of another team SHOULD be. So if I have 95 run blocking across the GCG area and your best is let's say an 87 and the rest of your guys are in the 70's you should be forced to stunt the linebackers tohelp yourself there or get gashed.

3. ONe more big one. OL that do a much better job of picking up the user defender especially on outside run plays. Currently guys can easily play over the top of just about all the outside run plays and get away from the blocker and make the play.

4. Remove the drag route from the at the line hot routes. People can call Drive, Under and other plays if they want drags, but remove it from the hot routes. It has become a crutch and your flat and hook defenders in buzz coverage do not respond to that route fast enough. As soon as the hook safety sees that guy coming across the formation and sees the QB eyeing him, he should be a missle and into that WR's earhole as soon as he catches the football.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-08-2017 at 11:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »