Home

Which do you prefer Offline or Online?

This is a discussion on Which do you prefer Offline or Online? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #33
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Which do you prefer Offline or Online?

online is boring, once the game comes out and everyone runs to youtube to find out the latest tips and tricks it becomes unplayable for me. offline mode however is great for me, the cpu doesn't cheat like humans do...
Old 06-16-2017, 06:17 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm pretty much offline franchise only. I've dabbled in MUT here and there, but mostly out of boredom with CFM, especially the non-gameplay aspects.

I would consider trying an online "sim" league, but between my lack of stick skills and work schedule (12 hr nights; modified 3x2 schedule) I think it would be frustrating for both myself and the other league members.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #35

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Online, and it's not even remotely close. All I play is online CFM, if you find the right one it's a blast. I cannot do offline at all, and haven't since 09 (last Madden that lacked an online franchise.) For 2 reasons, first and foremost, it just seems stale and lacks any resemblance of depth, unlike NBA 2K which has a ton of depth and immersion. Not to mention the roster management AI has been awful for going on 15 years now. Second, no matter where I put the sliders, if I wanted to I could drop 60-70 with 8 min QTR's every game. Playing the CPU just isn't challenging enough. Give me a great sim online CFM over an offline one all day every day and twice on Sunday.
If you haven't played offline since 09 how do you know whether or not that is still the case in 2017?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 06:38 PM   #36
MVP

Offline with a tough set of sliders. M17 was first Madden I bought since M12, so it took a lot of adjustments concerning slider settings with all the updates and tuner changes. As of now, Madden 17 offline franchise for me is amazing. Most games I play come down to the last 3 or 4 minutes. I will probably use updated rosters and play this release for another year.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 1

Offline for a lot of reasons. Most importantly now is that I don't always have the time to sit down and play uninterrupted for any period of time. I've got a wife, a baby and another on the way. There just isn't time very often. Offline I can always pause.

But I've always been mainly offline and I used to be a single dude with nothing but time on my hands, so there are other reasons. I like control. I like being able to rage quit a game against the CPU. It feels good sometimes. I like being able to move at my own pace, both directions. In an online CFM you're limited by how quickly everyone else finishes their stuff. On the other side of that coin you have to play a game every X number of days. I don't want to have to play a video game. That's not fun to me. Games are about detaching from responsibility to me, not making more.

And I want to be able to edit players to my liking. Maybe I want Bucky Hodges to be the next big TE. I can do that. Maybe I hate Matt Ryan and want to tank his ratings. I can do that. Maybe I want to put myself and my friends into the game in different positions as rookies. I can do that. Can't have any of that fun online.

And the last thing that comes to mind is stress. I get competitive and stressed out when playing online. When someone is running the same dumb play over and over it's annoying. These are the opposite feelings that I want to have when playing a video game. Offline I can always just walk away and start a new game right away.

I have played online some. I got a little into MUT a couple years ago and Draft Champions is a brilliant game mode even if I don't play a ton of it. I wish the offline DC were better (one gimmie game, one mostly gimmie game, one good game? Let me play the good ones till I lose or something). Nothing is going to hold a candle to franchise mode for me though; that's going to be the mode I play the most forever. Drafting guys, watching them develop, playing god a little when I want to, keeping the financials straight, that's fun to me. That's always going to be the core of the experience to me even if there's a lot about the current incarnation of CFM I really don't like.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #38
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If you haven't played offline since 09 how do you know whether or not that is still the case in 2017?
Online has the same features as offline, plus, I do a couple test franchises by my self, mainly to see what the progression effects are, and to check out some of the draft classes. And to See who regresses and when, so I can better be prepared for when my online CFM's start.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 06-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Which do you prefer Offline or Online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Online has the same features as offline, plus, I do a couple test franchises by my self, mainly to see what the progression effects are, and to check out some of the draft classes. And to See who regresses and when, so I can better be prepared for when my online CFM's start.

Okay, that opposes you saying "I haven't played since 09" then right?

It just minimizes your input if it turns out what you said wasn't accurate, just be honest in the future.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:56 PM   #40
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

This was the first year I dabbled in online quick unranked games and it was fun most of the time. Occasionally you run into a non sim player who runs the same play over and over and goes for it on every 4th down, but you either adjust to them and they shut them down until the quit, or just suffer through the game.

That being said i still enjoy my solo online franchise the most. I'd like to try an online CFM with some people this year if I can get enough sim friends together

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »