Home

Any1 notice how every QB has 80+ awr?

This is a discussion on Any1 notice how every QB has 80+ awr? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:12 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Any1 notice how every QB has 80+ awr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
I think what should be argued here is that a boost in statistics and tram success has nothing to do with an arm getting stronger. Ryan has always had a noodlish arm (THINK Brees). Funny Brees puts up great numbers every year with a mediocre team and doesn't see him throw power shoot up.
To be clear I'm not discussing specific ratings going up or down - THP probably should be held constant and other ratings should be favored as candidates for altering a player midseason - but the idea that Matt Ryan deserved no increase in ratings at all, given Madden's current ratings philosophy, is ludicrous.

I also understand what OP is going for - he wants something more akin to the defunct FBGratings site and ratings philosophy, where player ratings are based upon quantitative data pulled from real-life football scouting reports which didn't really change much even over several seasons. However, even that site offered weekly roster updates because there was demand for weekly roster updates by those who trafficked the site, and the ratings shifts for some players were rather dramatic (I recall seeing players change as much as +20 or +30).

Regardless, the FBGratings ship has long since sailed, for better or for worse, and expecting Madden to behave by that site's ratings rules when it never has and never did is just setting oneself up for disappointment.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 04-27-2017 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:39 PM   #10
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I can see why QBs have high AWR, seeing as how it's a big factor in the OVR rating.

As a CFM player I'd have no problem dropping AWR globally for QBs if it would help distinguish the differences between Elite, Great, Good, Ok, etc. But, as a CFM player, I would have a problem dropping AWR because it would cause QBs to be severely underpaid, since the CPU nor actual player demands a high salary unless they are well into the 80s (well, players in the 70-80s do ask for a good chunk in FA, but when backup LOLBs ask the same as potential starting QBs it's a problem).
Old 04-28-2017, 09:54 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Will AWR ratings be increased by the CPU during weekly progression? I am wondering if it is worth lowering all QBs at the start of the year, maybe some sort of curve, I'm not a numbers guy

Then allow the CPU to raise it throughout the year which should keep things constant. For someone that is a numbers person, that might potentially allow for mobility between tiers based on a season, for instance:

Rodgers, Brady, your typical "elite guys" whoever you are, should remain untouched.

However, a guy like Sam Bradford should find himself as a middle of the road guy; thus, his AWR should be lowered. If the CPU progresses it throughout the season, it would reflect a good start to the season and one of those "he had a really good 20XX" season storylines.

On the other hand, Blake Bortles is in the same tier (sorry if you feel differently) and lowering his AWR causes him to not progress throughout the year. This would be indicative that not every single player gets better from year to year.

So maybe the best way would be to say the top 8 OVR QBs are left untouched. The next 8 OVR QBs should be at 80, the next 8 OVR QBs should be at 70 and the bottom 8 OVR QBs should be at 60. Any backups (except rookie contract projects- see Garoppolo) should be at 59. Maybe my numbers are off but it's a start of a discussion. Then, at the end of the year, reevaluate the tiers. Brady maybe retires, so that leaves an opportunity for a new QB to join the top tier. Also, even Rodgers was a different guy his first year, so no backup/rookie should be starting for the first time with 80 AWR, something around 60 would seem more likely, even for a future HOF player. Realistically, there will always be a Dak, Brady, heck, even Favre, that seems to just work from their first start. However, the way it is set up now, every rookie turns into what Dak just did, or what Brady did 80 years ago.

Not sure if this all makes sense, or if it would work, but I was wondering what the OS community thought.

** Back to my original thought, sorry, ADHD, is that based on their salary demands, the AWR should only be lowered at the start of the year, thus allowing the natural progression to at least keep them in the appropriate salary tier from year to year**
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 03:33 PM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
To be clear I'm not discussing specific ratings going up or down - THP probably should be held constant and other ratings should be favored as candidates for altering a player midseason - but the idea that Matt Ryan deserved no increase in ratings at all, given Madden's current ratings philosophy, is ludicrous.

I also understand what OP is going for - he wants something more akin to the defunct FBGratings site and ratings philosophy, where player ratings are based upon quantitative data pulled from real-life football scouting reports which didn't really change much even over several seasons. However, even that site offered weekly roster updates because there was demand for weekly roster updates by those who trafficked the site, and the ratings shifts for some players were rather dramatic (I recall seeing players change as much as +20 or +30).

Regardless, the FBGratings ship has long since sailed, for better or for worse, and expecting Madden to behave by that site's ratings rules when it never has and never did is just setting oneself up for disappointment.
Matt Ryan is a good QB. I never said his ratings shouldn't go up. I said his throwing power should stay put. Like speed throwing power rarely gets better and ussually drops off.

I live in GB and am a Packers fan and the Packers are bad. Rodgers alone can carry any team in the NFL to the playoffs every year if he plays all 16 games. Rodgers is also good enough to win playoff games just can't beat elite teams on his own. Packers will never sniff a super bowl with Rodgers again. Packers defense being decent is like the Browns and Bears trying to find a QB. It will never happen.

I think awr is the most important rating for the cpu in Madden. I just wanted to bring this topic to light. I could name 100+ things wrong with Madden. But you got to start somewhere.

To sum up being a Packers fan. The Packers suck. Rodgers is amazing. It's sucks being a Packers fan. It's just as much torture as being a Browns fan. To watch your team waste away 30 years of two of the best QB's to ever play the game is not fun. When you see the Pats make the super bowl every other year and in the AFC champ game almost every year. Rodgers is it for us. Noway we land a 3rd HoF QB after Rodgers.

Last edited by IdleRace4; 04-28-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:29 PM   #13
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

You could put any player at the QB spot the ratings dont matter ..i saw this video this dude posted playing with a kicker and he was throwing dots consistently lolll
Madden is lying to us for real !! What awareness what ? What accuracies? Pleaseee ..yall should check the video tho to see for yall selves loll

https://youtu.be/letUQOnn1OM
Old 04-30-2017, 11:05 PM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yawn.

A new decade, same old stuff.

Put a Punter at the OL or QB and they will perform the same as the starter.

Ratings don't matter, lol. Try playing with Joe Callahan as your starter instead of Rodgers in CFM.

Last edited by roadman; 05-01-2017 at 08:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »