Home

The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin...

This is a discussion on The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #25
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
We'll see, but hope this is true. I feel that innovation is something this series greatly needs.

http://www.mobipicker.com/madden-nfl...ecade-says-ea/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope we get true in game innovation and career mode (Franchise/Player) for Madden 18. I want to feel like I cant wait for the next game in my franchise and of course the in between games strategy in franchise. If by innovation (and there is one quote that concerns me in this article) they add dumb mini games...I am gonna be so angry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 08:49 AM   #26
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Hoping for awesome gameplay out of the Frostbite.

I'm a big Fifa guy, put in 500-700 hours every year, last year's game certainly had a lot of flaws in career mode and lack of patches, etc... But the reason I'm almost at 500 hours already this year is the gameplay. I could play Fifa 17 forever because of how sick the gameplay is this year. Hoping that we get that kind of addictive gameplay from Madden after what I would say have been a couple down years after Madden 15 was real good.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #27
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Whatever we get, I'd like to see something with the game running in the Frostbite engine to give us a taste of what that will look like.
Well id say this, i recall for Madden 25 what they showed of RG3 supposedly taken from in footage , never matched up to how the game actually looked in real life.So even them showing something between now and release, im going to have a hard time believing it will actually look that good once the game comes out graphically speaking.

Ill just leave this here as a reminder , cant believe everything we see when they want to "highlight" what frostbite will do for the game. I only state this because honestly , ive yet to see madden look at good as it does in this video highlighting what Ignite engine was supposed to bring us , but never did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE5MaKuCEc

Easy to forget this , so just look back at this video when videos finally start to be shown of gameplay.

Here is the one for madden , that says actual in game footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGw516n2d9E

So i feel like , for me, its gonna be hard to swallow a video as what game will actually look like until i test it in my own hands.

As for features , im wiling to put 100$ up that they are brining back a "superstar" type mode, kinda like 2k has my player. Where you make your way into NFL and try to have your own career.......Not a rocket scientist here , but pretty sure that seems about obvious to me with the "new modes" quote from the article JP posted.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 05-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #28
Rookie

Greenblood60's Arena

I want to hear about innovation regarding the controls on the user's end, whether it's the passing game, running game, or on defense.

The last time EA did anything innovative was in Madden 2006 ( the passing cone ).
Old 05-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I could care less who is on the cover. I just end up downloading the game anyways.

I am just holding my breathe for a revamped franchise mode, better stat tracking, more customization, and of course custom draft classes (again).
Absolutely agree! I have to try and be patient for the "real" news - the additions/upgrades that actually make me want to buy the game.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:43 AM   #30
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll probably get crucified for this, but I'm really looking forward the graphical upgrade frostbite should bring. It'd be awesome to play in Buffalo were it's sunny in the first half then a full on blizzard by the fourth.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #31
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I'll probably get crucified for this, but I'm really looking forward the graphical upgrade frostbite should bring. It'd be awesome to play in Buffalo were it's sunny in the first half then a full on blizzard by the fourth.
Why crucified? Everyone enjoys different parts of the game. Maybe graphics aren't that important to many here (including me) but to each their own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 1

I'm HOPING for revamped weather / lighting, off-ball injuries, actual minicamp / training camp drills, and a better UI for franchise mode.

Those are realistic things, I think.

Unrealistically, what I'd LOVE to see is a weekly wrapup show. I don't even care if it's The Extra Point 2.0, as cheap as that show was I still loved it & watched it between every game. Throw in a few highlights (I'll even take canned ones!) and maybe a mock draft that changes a bit every few weeks and I would be on cloud 9!! Though, while I'd love it, I doubt it will happen.

What I think will ACTUALLY happen is new modes for Draft Champions & MUT, possibly game breaks ala NCAA 14, a story mode, new franchise interface, better lighting, and HDR/4K for compatible consoles & televisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »