Home

Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #297
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

Hmm, as usual, I'll have to play to feel it, but wow, I don't understand why it's the left stick to aim. So, u can't move and aim at the same time? While, I know that would be hard to do, u should have that ability. Personally, I never use the right stick for QB avoidance, so I was assuming when I got the reticle up, I would aim with right stick and simply lose the QB avoidance stuff. That way, u could at least roll out and whatnot. But, overall, I'm definitely going to give this a shot. It may be something that feels better on certain plays than others. Like, it may really suck for throwing deep so don't even bother using if u have a shot at going deep on a play. But, if you're calling a play that's definitely a quick short/medium ball and u have a good idea where u will be placing the ball between zones, u might use it to really aim that sucker in there. But, wow, yeah, this will take some dexterity with the fingers and thumbs. Lol. I'm going to have to start working out, again. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #298
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Hmm, as usual, I'll have to play to feel it, but wow, I don't understand why it's the left stick to aim. So, u can't move and aim at the same time? While, I know that would be hard to do, u should have that ability. Personally, I never use the right stick for QB avoidance, so I was assuming when I got the reticle up, I would aim with right stick and simply lose the QB avoidance stuff. That way, u could at least roll out and whatnot. But, overall, I'm definitely going to give this a shot. It may be something that feels better on certain plays than others. Like, it may really suck for throwing deep so don't even bother using if u have a shot at going deep on a play. But, if you're calling a play that's definitely a quick short/medium ball and u have a good idea where u will be placing the ball between zones, u might use it to really aim that sucker in there. But, wow, yeah, this will take some dexterity with the fingers and thumbs. Lol. I'm going to have to start working out, again. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like this idea of tying the reticle to right stick instead of left. There are plenty of qbs who throw on the run. Aaron Rodgers is a guy who likes to move around and throw to a spot. Maybe this is something that can be changed before release

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 01:11 PM   #299
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
I like this idea of tying the reticle to right stick instead of left. There are plenty of qbs who throw on the run. Aaron Rodgers is a guy who likes to move around and throw to a spot. Maybe this is something that can be changed before release

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
There is zero chance that it's going to be changed before release.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #300
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm simply very happy we finally have a new system. Been wanting some variety for a loooong time. Hopefully it's as intuitive as Fevers was.
Anything that makes the passing game more challenging (in a fair way) is a good thing. I didn't own an Xbox, so never got to play the Fever series, but always heard good things about the game, and have seen some videos highlighting the passing system. I'm intrigued.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 06-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #301
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Really stupid to put the reticule control on the left stick rather than the right IMO

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #302
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

I understand why people are upset about aiming being in the left stick but I think about it this way, if you're being forced from the pocket/running for your life you aren't gonna be trying to make precision passes. For me precision passing is gonna be used when I have to time to step up in the pocket, set my feet(so there's no need to be using LS), and throw.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:22 PM   #303
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I understand why people are upset about aiming being in the left stick but I think about it this way, if you're being forced from the pocket/running for your life you aren't gonna be trying to make precision passes. For me precision passing is gonna be used when I have to time to step up in the pocket, set my feet(so there's no need to be using LS), and throw.
That's a very good point man, I think I like it a bit better now if I think of it in those terms.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #304
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Has anyone seen or commented on the O-Line/D-Line play? Are pockets actually forming? Is it totally different then years past? are DE's trying to actually get downfield to force the QB up in the pocket?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »