Home

Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #305
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Has anyone seen or commented on the O-Line/D-Line play? Are pockets actually forming? Is it totally different then years past? are DE's trying to actually get downfield to force the QB up in the pocket?
Probably need to wait on the videos to be released for that information. Supposedly, simulation mode plays to the players ratings this year. If you have a weak OL, you will be exposed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #306
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Probably need to wait on the videos to be released for that information. Supposedly, simulation mode plays to the players ratings this year. If you have a weak OL, you will be exposed.
I'd like it to be exposed visually in a more realistic way. That's been my problem. For me they need to have animations that go a long with these ratings. I don't want to see my linemen just stop blocking or sliding out of the way because their ratings were low. I want to see lineman get out maneuvered or over powered where I can point to it and say "damn that looked real or I see why that happened due to the match up...".

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #307
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'd like it to be exposed visually in a more realistic way. That's been my problem. For me they need to have animations that go a long with these ratings. I don't want to see my linemen just stop blocking or sliding out of the way because their ratings were low. I want to see lineman get out maneuvered or over powered where I can point to it and say "damn that looked real or I see why that happened due to the match up...".
Well and have DLineman actually push my Olineman into me, actually COLLAPSE the pocket. There is no reason whatsoever that with PBLK slider set to 0, that a good pocket should form.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:13 PM   #308
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Well and have DLineman actually push my Olineman into me, actually COLLAPSE the pocket. There is no reason whatsoever that with PBLK slider set to 0, that a good pocket should form.
Yeah things need to just be more dynamic. Everything shouldn't be a clear cut win/loss situation.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #309
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah things need to just be more dynamic. Everything shouldn't be a clear cut win/loss situation.....
Which is why I sorta laughed/cried when I heard Rex in the interview talk about the dice roll behind throws and such.

It seems moving to the frostbyte engine havent taken away the 50/50. Maybe it has, but from what Im hearing I dunno.

I know its still early, and of course Ill probably buy this game. I have my xbone for one reason, madden lol.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:04 PM   #310
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More

While still very much looking forward to M18, I'm sort of underwhelmed with the concept of target passing (and I realize how premature that is with no gameplay footage).

When it was first mentioned, I got the impression that playing offense in Madden was about to get major facelift; something that would change the game significantly and be somewhat user friendly. After reading impressions and watching dev interviews, it seems more like a bonus user mechanic rather than something they're really behind to make the game more realistic.

It doesn't change my outlook on M18, even without major upgrades to franchise. I think I just made an assumption that this was going to be a big deal + major selling point vs an 'extra' of sorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #311
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I understand why people are upset about aiming being in the left stick but I think about it this way, if you're being forced from the pocket/running for your life you aren't gonna be trying to make precision passes. For me precision passing is gonna be used when I have to time to step up in the pocket, set my feet(so there's no need to be using LS), and throw.
You make a good point. If you or I were playing football in the backyard, we wouldnt be thinking about putting the ball in a specific spot. However NFL QB's do this all the time. They also practice throwing on the run.

I want to know how the game handles throwing on the run when in precision mode. It obviously should be harder to do. It obviously should be more inaccurate. But it should be possible to try and pull off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 03:15 PM   #312
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
You make a good point. If you or I were playing football in the backyard, we wouldnt be thinking about putting the ball in a specific spot. However NFL QB's do this all the time. They also practice throwing on the run.

I want to know how the game handles throwing on the run when in precision mode. It obviously should be harder to do. It obviously should be more inaccurate. But it should be possible to try and pull off.
You won't be throwing on the run at all using the new passing system. The left stick moves the reticule so you will need to be standing still to use target passing.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »