Home

Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode

This is a discussion on Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #49
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Brady scanned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the computer will retire him after one year. Hope full player editing is available again! I plan to play Brady 2-3 more seasons in Madden 18.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #50
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode

Another screen of Brady

Old 05-12-2017, 12:10 PM   #51
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

They may have done some motion capture too

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #52
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDezzy43
I try not to be negative as I'm a Madden lover and I really have enjoyed the direction this group is going in, and I know that was just a casual sizzle trailer for the kids - But, that crappy intercept animation was the first real thing shown besides Zeke... Not only is it a sucky animation, it's a pretty old one. Just not a great pick for a teaser trailer. That brown catch was.....well it looked nice, but it was pretty damn crazy. That would be the catch of the season if it happened irl
Animations are big. You can have the most photorealistic visuals in the world but if the animations aren't lifelike and look robotic then it kills the believability. Animations haven't been madden, or EAs, strong suit. I know this is an extremely short clip but already it looks like animations are the same. I would think if they had an overhaul, or atleast improvements in this area, they would want to show them of right away.

It's far from game breaking. Last year's madden was my favorite madden of all time, and I'm not a big madden guy, so this game can be great even if the animations dont see a big update. It would just be disappointing to see the actual visual improved without the animations getting the same attention.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #53
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

These images are disappointing. The game looks to animate the same. Zero football IQ. The defender trying to tackle Elliot is tackling air while looking at him. The defender covering Antonio Brown never attempts to locate the ball. Dez Bryant is doing the same animation as the defender with the ball two feet out of his reach. Ugh. Madden is an ugly game in motion.

The story mode does zero for me either. Never liked it in a football game. Players don't play offense and defense like baseball, basketball or soccer. Even the skill players of the offense don't get enough touches to make the mode interesting to me with the qb being the only exception.

I haven't bought madden in years. Very unlikely I come back this year based off this trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
The only comment i disagree with is the Elliot picture. I think we have all seen instances in real life where a defender attempts to make a tackle only to come up with air because of a juke/spin move by the ball carrier. It might be uncommon but not unrealistic.

I do agree with the concern about football IQ and the animations overall. I thought last year the IQ was better and animations weren't horrible but these are still areas the madden should improve on. There are still frustration situations where the problems show their ugly face and take you out of the experience.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #54
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Another screen of Brady

Wow the screen looks great. Took me a minute to realize it wasn't real. Is that taken from the trailer?
Old 05-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #55
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Interesting decision to show the sidelines empty. Just a work in progress thing? Don't want to give up the addition of Coordinators yet?

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed that there was nothing big enough for Franchise to promote it early on. We'll probably get the "save the best for last" lines again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 12:30 PM   #56
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
This is looking like FIFA 17 all over again. The lighting and environments being improved but the player models and animations being exactly the same as previous years. I always thought that changing engines meant complete overhaul. I guess that's not the case according to EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »