Home

Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode

This is a discussion on Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #57
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
This is looking like FIFA 17 all over again. The lighting and environments being improved but the player models and animations being exactly the same as previous years. I always thought that changing engines meant complete overhaul. I guess that's not the case according to EA.
Did you play FIFA? I've put in 500 hours this year and 650 last year. Animations are 100% different on the new engine. Gameplay is nothing like that it was in F16.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #58
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Re: Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Did you play FIFA? I've put in 500 hours this year and 650 last year. Animations are 100% different on the new engine. Gameplay is nothing like that it was in F16.

I did and I can tell u it still has legacy issues that been plaguing the Fifa series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2017, 12:54 PM   #59
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
The only comment i disagree with is the Elliot picture. I think we have all seen instances in real life where a defender attempts to make a tackle only to come up with air because of a juke/spin move by the ball carrier. It might be uncommon but not unrealistic.

I do agree with the concern about football IQ and the animations overall. I thought last year the IQ was better and animations weren't horrible but these are still areas the madden should improve on. There are still frustration situations where the problems show their ugly face and take you out of the experience.

The Elliot clip is more noticeable as the clip than a screen. It just doesn't look normal.
Elliott's leg fully extended in a spin move while the defender watches it in amazement instead of making a tackle.

I grew up watching Barry Sanders embarrass the packers with unbelievable moves. It's not that the defender gets faked out of his shorts that bothers me so much as how it plays out like a bad movie instead of something you witness in an actual game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #60
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Graphically speaking, I wish they wouldn't spend so much time on exterior shots and story mode cutscenes, and primarily focus on how the game looks when you're playing. Lighting looks better, player models slightly. But I was hoping for a big upgrade with player models and uniforms. It's still super early, but it looks like a slight upgrade in gameplay graphics. That last cut scene outside ofnlucas oil looked incredible, and so did ext shot of Heinz.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:14 PM   #61
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Meh story mode just isn't what I was hoping for...

Personally I hate story modes in sports games. Just doesn't make sense to me to play a mode that would be super interesting for one season and after that the mode goes super vanilla with no cutscenes, no immersion etc.

Hence why I just never could get into my player in NBA 2K.

And this coming from an annual Road to the Show player...the only reason I buy The Show. And personally I feel with MLB The Show 17 that Sony San Diego thought of the bigger picture and instead of going the bull**** route that will be very easy to market and get lots of publicity and public interest like FIFA 17's and most likely what this story mode will be as well...they tried to incorporate cutscenes in such a way that it remains your story and will forever be part of the mode...not just 1 season.

I've got zero interest in playing someone else's story...the main draw of these type of modes is because I want to take a younger version of myself on a great career of 'what if's'...just can't do that playing with someone else.

It's early, but let's hope gameplay has been improved and more importantly franchise mode. Might just skip this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #62
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

It looks the same as madden 17....... I would never be able to tell the difference
Old 05-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #63
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
This is looking like FIFA 17 all over again. The lighting and environments being improved but the player models and animations being exactly the same as previous years. I always thought that changing engines meant complete overhaul. I guess that's not the case according to EA.
If you were here posting about a month or so, you would have noticed that a person that worked on Madden (AJ) stated that the only things that would probably improve would be lighting, stadiums and sidelines.

He explained changing engines doesn't mean complete overall.

I'm assuming they are bringing the code over to Frostbite.

Just the fact that they have a simulation mode with passing targets is good in my book.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #64
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Not only does it look like madden 17, but those clips were the same ones from madden 17 trailers.
This is exactly what I thought what we were getting. Can't wait for Rex Dickson to sugarcoat this one. And I don't care about CGi story mode BS.
Most disappointed in a madden game based on a trailer in years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »