Home

Game Generated Players

This is a discussion on Game Generated Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0
Game Generated Players

For those of you who edit your draft classes post-draft, what system do you go by? I mean how do you approach the edits from a philosophy standpoint for more realistic simulations?

I am doing the following, but I'd love to hear any suggestions from the community.

1. QB Presence - all the good QBs come in with Ideal. Changing them to anything else (Average, Paranoid, etc) creates more realistic stat totals.

2. OL Edits - I make bigger disparity between pass & run block, give some OL agility increases and strength decreases, etc.

3. CB Edits - I make bigger disparity between man & zone coverage, lower some guys press, etc.

4. KR Edits - I make veteran receivers and backs lower their KR ability and increase it for a few more corners and safeties.

5. HB Edits - I increase catch ratings for some balanced/speed backs and change them to the now-unused "Receiving Back" player type. I give Power Backs a bit more strength sometimes.

6. DT Edits - I increase some DT's speed and agility ratings, lowering their strength a bit sometimes to just get more varied types of DL.

Anything else you guys do that seems to help your sims?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Game Generated Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
For those of you who edit your draft classes post-draft, what system do you go by? I mean how do you approach the edits from a philosophy standpoint for more realistic simulations?

I am doing the following, but I'd love to hear any suggestions from the community.

1. QB Presence - all the good QBs come in with Ideal. Changing them to anything else (Average, Paranoid, etc) creates more realistic stat totals.

2. OL Edits - I make bigger disparity between pass & run block, give some OL agility increases and strength decreases, etc.

3. CB Edits - I make bigger disparity between man & zone coverage, lower some guys press, etc.

4. KR Edits - I make veteran receivers and backs lower their KR ability and increase it for a few more corners and safeties.

5. HB Edits - I increase catch ratings for some balanced/speed backs and change them to the now-unused "Receiving Back" player type. I give Power Backs a bit more strength sometimes.

6. DT Edits - I increase some DT's speed and agility ratings, lowering their strength a bit sometimes to just get more varied types of DL.

Anything else you guys do that seems to help your sims?
I was going to turn progression down to zero and sim 20 seasons to get a better look at the draft classes in order to set specific annual rookie adjustments, but it's so late in the year I figured I'd wait until M18. Maybe I'll ge ahead and do that.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I was going to turn progression down to zero and sim 20 seasons to get a better look at the draft classes in order to set specific annual rookie adjustments, but it's so late in the year I figured I'd wait until M18. Maybe I'll ge ahead and do that.

Yeah, I mean M17 is better than previous entries about how players come in based on their styles, but rookies are still skewed from how they rate the real players and the game definitely plays differently 10-15 years in than it does at the start.

I was just curious if anyone is pretty OCD about this kind of thing and performs their own manual adjustments post-draft to get even more variety and a more "out-of-the-box" feel to their franchises 10 years down the line.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
Yeah, I mean M17 is better than previous entries about how players come in based on their styles, but rookies are still skewed from how they rate the real players and the game definitely plays differently 10-15 years in than it does at the start.

I was just curious if anyone is pretty OCD about this kind of thing and performs their own manual adjustments post-draft to get even more variety and a more "out-of-the-box" feel to their franchises 10 years down the line.
It isn't distributed well at all. It just falls off a cliff about a quarter through the second round.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
It isn't distributed well at all. It just falls off a cliff about a quarter through the second round.

Yeah, I mean I can generally uncover the gems and they are usually found in the OL, DE/LB, S areas beyond the 2nd round. Here are some things I find I don't like:

1.) I see literally 0 quarterback gems anymore. If they don't confirm in the 1st/2nd rounds, they are usually 50-65 OVRs. So not that it matters, but occasionally I will tag one of the early QB's with slow development and raise a 65 OVR QB to Superstar dev, although unless they play they still never seem to get anywhere in the league. I also feel like the QBs the game ships with have varying levels of accuracy so occasionally I'll make a guy who has questionable iffy/short accuracy but really good medium accuracy, just to mix things up.

2.) Speed HB and Speed WR seem to be all about the same, regardless of round. They all have 91+ speed (which is fine), but they are almost all good kick returners, and there are not enough "receiving backs" in the classes (zero based on actual type) so I will create some.

3.) Why anyone would bother scouting an OL before the combine is beyond me. Physical linemen dominate the drafts. When you see a 6.0+ grade, you have a 70+ OVR player every single time. I try to fix that by lowering some strength or impact blocking on a couple of rookies and offset it with something like agility, etc.

4.) Balanced 4-3 DE's are generally worthless outside of the 1st round. You'll hardly ever see a 5th round "Balanced DE" equate to anything more than a 68 OVR. So I will give a bump or two to these players occasionally.

5.) 4-3 Run Stopper DE's are the best DT's you can draft. DT's themselves, regardless of type, don't possess the speed/strength combination that the 4-3 run stoppers do. So I generally reduce the strength on 1-2 of the "run stopping DEs" and increase the speed of 1-2 DT's in the class to make things more fluid in that area.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »