Home

Are you going to preorder Madden 18

This is a discussion on Are you going to preorder Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #81
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Are you going to preorder Madden 18

I'm probably going to pre-order it this week. I liked what I have heard from Rex and Clint so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 12:45 AM   #82
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

If I decide to buy it I'll do the best buy deal if they have it again this year, it doesn't look like I'll be buying though this year
Old 06-12-2017, 06:47 AM   #83
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

OVR: 0

No pre order this year, will wait and read the reviews then make a decision.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #84
MVP

Toupal's Arena

After EA Play, I don't even know if I'm going to buy the game at all, let alone pre-order it.

Offline Franchise mode from M17 to M18 is the same thing. So why waste $60 for the same product?
Old 06-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
After EA Play, I don't even know if I'm going to buy the game at all, let alone pre-order it.

Offline Franchise mode from M17 to M18 is the same thing. So why waste $60 for the same product?
Read the Madden forum for why, there are a lot of improvements, most noticeably the WR/DB interactions and a whole new passing methodology. Not to mention, as always, the teams will have the new rookies in them with new scanned faces and stats, info, etc. Sure you can update Madden 17 with the shared locker but it's not going to give you as good of an experience.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #86
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:

Theres a host of new "Gameplay" improvements. Frostbyte engine.

Maybe CFM is the same, but Ill buy the game, not preorder.

If the game plays better, and the CPU gives me a run for my money? Im all in.

Ill of course wait for reviews, to see if thats the case. But I like what there saying about the "Simulation" mode.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #87
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Read the Madden forum for why, there are a lot of improvements, most noticeably the WR/DB interactions and a whole new passing methodology. Not to mention, as always, the teams will have the new rookies in them with new scanned faces and stats, info, etc. Sure you can update Madden 17 with the shared locker but it's not going to give you as good of an experience.
I am thrilled about the frostbite engine. But the only thing I use in Madden is offline franchise mode.

And when I hear it is the exact same thing as the year before, I have to question whether or not it is worth a purchase.

In the big scheme of things, my $60 means nothing to EA. However I feel like I have to boycott it, because to me it is unacceptable to neglect entire game mode for any reason.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:56 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
I am thrilled about the frostbite engine. But the only thing I use in Madden is offline franchise mode.

And when I hear it is the exact same thing as the year before, I have to question whether or not it is worth a purchase.

In the big scheme of things, my $60 means nothing to EA. However I feel like I have to boycott it, because to me it is unacceptable to neglect entire game mode for any reason.
Well to each their own of course. I always look at whether I will play a game enough to justify the $60. Even if Madden doesn't have a ton new features in a game mode I play I know I will get about 100-125 hours of play at minimum out of it so for me that means it is quite easily worth the $60 price tag.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »