Home

M17 - Drafted player has his name read out!

This is a discussion on M17 - Drafted player has his name read out! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
M17 - Drafted player has his name read out!

So, I took a WR in the first round of the 2034 draft. Big guy, 6'5 and 238lb. He's a stud.

His name is "JJ Morton".

In his first game, he scores a TD and the announcer calls his name out as "Devontae Adams". I thought I was mistaken but later in the game, he scores again and again, they reference him as "Devontae Adam".

Drafted players don't get their name called out, even if it is the incorrect name.

Has anyone else had this?

edit: thinking of changing his written name to "Devontae Adams".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: M17 - Drafted player has his name read out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
So, I took a WR in the first round of the 2034 draft. Big guy, 6'5 and 238lb. He's a stud.

His name is "JJ Morton".

In his first game, he scores a TD and the announcer calls his name out as "Devontae Adams". I thought I was mistaken but later in the game, he scores again and again, they reference him as "Devontae Adam".

Drafted players don't get their name called out, even if it is the incorrect name.

I created myself for a franchise and the announcers call me Cardale Jones.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have one that gets called out as Ed McCaffrey
Old 07-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Interesting. Wonder what triggers this?

Next time I play, I'm changing his written name to Devontae Adams.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #5
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

It's a weird glitch that happens occasionally. Sometimes I'll draft a running back and the announcers will call him Tony Dorsett. I haven't tried changing the name to see if they still call him that though.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

I had this with a rookie player of mine, where he similarly got all of the lines normally saved for another player. Didn't make sense but it was a funny bug so I didn't mind.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:56 AM   #7
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't think it's a bug. All the Madden players have something called a player id and original id attached to the players. The original id is a unique number attached to every player on the roster including players you draft in cfm. The player id for the official EA created players always match the original id but created players and drafted players id's don't match. Drafted players and Cap's have a player id that starts at 1 and counts upwards as more players are created/drafted.

After awhile the player id's of created/drafted players start to conflict with current roster players because the game assigns an already used id to the newly added players. This causes the announcers to refer to the player by the wrong name because the CPU thinks that your drafted player is really Devontae Adams. Many but not all players have additional audio tied to their player id so that is why you only notice it occasionally.

The added audio is also only possible for players that play similar positions. Defensive player id's would not change offensive player audio and vice versa. Any skill position player's id assigned to an olinemen wouldn't create additional audio either. There's a bunch of other things like that so generally the wrong audio is kind of rare to hear. It could have been happening earlier but the first time I remember seeing this was on M13 on last gen.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:26 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21

His name is "JJ Morton".

I get Mike Singletary a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »