Home

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2017, 11:32 PM   #49
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
You do know that if they did 5 vs 5 that no one would have to be a lineman. On offense there are 6 positions that are not lineman and in a 4-3 defense there are 7 players that are not lineman. But still, I think 5v5 would be hard to pull off due to the amount of coordination needed to be successful. Route combinations would go out the window if everyone was just "trying to get open". Zone defense would fall apart if everyone was "jumping a route". 3v3 or maybe 4v4 might be the sweet spot.

Yes, I know that they could go certain O formations to allow for 5 v 5, and while many offenses are more pass oriented these days, I'm always prone to first looking at a base pro set offense. Although, even there, technically u could have 1 guy be a TE, 2 WRs, 1 QB, and 1 RB. So, I suppose it would be do-able. I do think it would def be Helter skelter, though. Lol. I wonder what the dimensions are for the gamefield, too. I wonder if safeties and WRs will go offscreen from time to time? Or, will it zoom in/out to keep all players on the screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2017, 12:04 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
What exactly did they revamp? Just because they said it on the back of the box doesn't mean they did. You can bring guys back from injury a week or 2 early, and you can set your own season goal. So revamped......
I didn't buy Madden 17. But did they not add things like "play the moments", game planning, tendencies, player focusing, "big decisions, score ticker, full player editing, practice squads? To put all these features and logic in the game seems like they must have spent a lot of time working on it. I mean if this stuff was just a lie then yea i guess I understand why you are so disappointed.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:30 AM   #51
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
You do know that if they did 5 vs 5 that no one would have to be a lineman. On offense there are 6 positions that are not lineman and in a 4-3 defense there are 7 players that are not lineman. But still, I think 5v5 would be hard to pull off due to the amount of coordination needed to be successful. Route combinations would go out the window if everyone was just "trying to get open". Zone defense would fall apart if everyone was "jumping a route". 3v3 or maybe 4v4 might be the sweet spot.
Isn't this the year of the user, the point of team play type modes is to eliminate cpu control as much as possible and let the users play against each other. The team who works together best will be more successful than those how run around like a chicken with their head cut off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 12:39 AM   #52
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

With MUT Squads I think it's only a matter of time before they ditch Draft Champions, the whole point of DC was to user players into playing MUT, now with MUT Squads they wont need DC to get more players to play MUT.

Last edited by Americas Team; 06-01-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:57 AM   #53
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I didn't buy Madden 17. But did they not add things like "play the moments", game planning, tendencies, player focusing, "big decisions, score ticker, full player editing, practice squads? To put all these features and logic in the game seems like they must have spent a lot of time working on it. I mean if this stuff was just a lie then yea i guess I understand why you are so disappointed.

It's one of those things, when someone decides that they don't like the direction of a mode, and/or disagree with the what the team chose to implement, how many man-hours they actually spent on the mode becomes irrelevant to them, they're going to paint the effort with a pejorative brush. This is what happened with CFM last year, and it's already starting with team play this year. Because it's in MUT only, some people have already proclaimed that it is a half assed effort.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:02 AM   #54
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Madden NFL 18 MUT Squads Bring Back Online Team Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713

I don't claim to know what they worked on or how hard it is..I know the work they do in 1 year cycle sucks and is rushed, so they are hard pressed..but wouldn't say it was revamped either..I'll say this and based solely on my opinion...
1. "Game planning" was nothing more then added bonus to ur players ratings on specific play calls, which if used fully by a HUM put the CPU at huge disadvantage, because they only obtained one level no matter what
2 "play the moment" was more geared for someone who doesn't want to spend all day playing..not bad idea
3. "Big Decision" was already in the game..but now had it own area (streaming of menus)..what I mean by it was there already..this was nothing more then an alert box for players being hurt, needed to make cuts, signings, etc..all things which u already had to do anyway in previous versions
4. "Score ticker" again was in the game in the past cleaned up
5. "Full editing"..was in the game already, cleaned up with not as much glitches
6. "PS", was nice add but was minor in addition..was also in a handled version of the game in the past..now if they added to this inactive and active game day rosters too..would have been huge..
7. "tendencies" not sure what u mean by this but the CPU does not pick up on ur play call tendencies if that is what u meant
8. "player focusing" again not sure what u mean but didn't see anything in this years game which would fit in this, I could be wrong, but bought game at release and still play it.

I do believe they had to do some revamping to CFM i.e. Menus/layout..it was slow, unresponsive, and not user friendly..still isn't great..but better..what I and some others think of revamping..it would have included:

*more coaches (o/d coordinators, position coaches) *game day rosters i.e. Active inactive
*better salary cap management and abilities
*better injury system, wear and tear etc
*correct cut down days
*better trade logic
*better draft logic
*a scouting combine
*better overall experience with yearly draft more presentation but I included it
*retired players coaching
*weekly updates, NFL channel etc, again more presentation
**and most of all, Fixing CPU O/D game plans which haven't been address since the star system was dropped...
I won't touch on player holdouts..or maybe a system to indicate a player unhappy with his contract or playing times..because I have funny feeling the NFL says "don't do that makes our brand look bad."

Edit: sorry forgot to mention the idea of 3v3 is great but unfortunately I don't play MUT so I won't be able to use it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 06-01-2017, 06:31 AM   #55
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I liked it quite a bit back on PS3. Excited to see this in action.

Same. I'm in that camp. It was really fun. I'm not sure what impact MUT with have because I quit after opening one pack, but in general playing with friends and communicating coverages/routes takes me back to drawing plays on a football (a la Little Giants)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2017, 07:06 AM   #56
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

My reaction to this was "meh". Gameplay. Franchise mode. Both of those carry far more importance for me than online team play. I've played five on five with FIFA and random players turn it into a complete joke at times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »