Home

2 Of The Top Community Requests?

This is a discussion on 2 Of The Top Community Requests? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2017, 01:08 AM   #33
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2 Of The Top Community Requests?

Maybe its revamped contracts? Maybe built in incentives or even contracts based on production by the cpu instead just looking at ratings. Actually having players that aren't on your team have an overall and ratings based on both ratings and production.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-02-2017, 01:38 AM   #34
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Maybe its revamped contracts? Maybe built in incentives or even contracts based on production by the cpu instead just looking at ratings. Actually having players that aren't on your team have an overall and ratings based on both ratings and production.
I've been thinking lately that I'd like to see them retool statistical goals into incentives in contracts rather than granting XP bonuses. So when you entered negotiations with a player maybe there were four or five different contract options you could offer him. Some with different sets of incentive laden goals, some with no goals, some with minor ones. I think it'd be a better avenue for them to take with goals without having to completely getting rid of them.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:38 AM   #35
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yeah, I've never really understood how creating and sharing draft classes is any different than creating and sharing rosters. If someone makes an authentic 1996 roster with all those unlicensed likenesses, what's the difference between that and creating an authentic 2018 draft class? Or creating a roster with all of the 2017 draft picks or something like that?

I'm not privy to any of the legalities and difference so ignorance is bliss for me in that case really.
The difference is with NCAA it was a likeness suit meaning EA put players on their original rosters who were the same height/weight, skin color, position and number as real people. They were missing the names but the likenesses were already in the game which EA profited off of. There is nothing wrong with user-created content involving draft classes or rosters.

With draft class editors, there are no likenesses provided by the developer except the tools to allow users to do what they want. I believe if NCAA had completely random rosters but just gave people the tools to edit then there wouldn't have been a case.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 01:13 PM   #36
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
The difference is with NCAA it was a likeness suit meaning EA put players on their original rosters who were the same height/weight, skin color, position and number as real people. They were missing the names but the likenesses were already in the game which EA profited off of. There is nothing wrong with user-created content involving draft classes or rosters.

With draft class editors, there are no likenesses provided by the developer except the tools to allow users to do what they want. I believe if NCAA had completely random rosters but just gave people the tools to edit then there wouldn't have been a case.

I'll take this one step further..if u remember NCAA also had players home state and I believe town..which makes it even harder to say.."well it was just someone like them" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 06-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #37
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

As far as my two guesses:
1. I believe based on Clint tweet some kind of injury system involving Oline..not sure how it will work..but Clint doesn't normally level wiggle room when he makes a tweet..if it wasn't happening he would say "not this year" or something along those lines
2. Draft boards.. it effects solo and multi user CFM players

I believe editing draft classes will happen just not this year..if I remember correctly, the built in news stories of college players in the game got all whacky if they were edited.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 06-02-2017, 03:05 PM   #38
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
I've been thinking lately that I'd like to see them retool statistical goals into incentives in contracts rather than granting XP bonuses. So when you entered negotiations with a player maybe there were four or five different contract options you could offer him. Some with different sets of incentive laden goals, some with no goals, some with minor ones. I think it'd be a better avenue for them to take with goals without having to completely getting rid of them.

Lol. Yeah, buddy! Then, u shaft your RB in the final game of the season so he only rushes for 999 yards!! No bonus for u!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2017, 03:14 PM   #39
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Yeah, buddy! Then, u shaft your RB in the final game of the season so he only rushes for 999 yards!! No bonus for u!!!
And that could add an interesting dynamic if they ever had a morale system. It'd also add a somewhat decent counterbalance to the stat chasing incentives they provide through winning awards instead of it just being a rich get richer type thing.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:34 PM   #40
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

Quote:
And that could add an interesting dynamic if they ever had a morale system. It'd also add a somewhat decent counterbalance to the stat chasing incentives they provide through winning awards instead of it just being a rich get richer type thing.
But that's not fun for the casual user. It is more fun to get extra xp and make their guy faster.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »