Home

Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Probably just because it isn't the best representation of their game. Plus, not allowing off-screen filming and then allowing their content creators to capture gameplay directly from the system and post it allows them to dictate exactly what is shown and what is said.

Getting videos is always nice but all of last years videos seemed so disingenuous because of their cookie cutter nature. Every video was limited to like no more than five or so minutes and they all talked about the same things and how amazing it was. They're essentially just used as promos now.
Thats kind of the point though. EA Play is used to get some early press about the game. Its not so people can get a true feel for what the game will be like. Back in the day, I would be upset about it but now who cares.

There will be plenty of gameplay vids released before release. If a person still isnt convinced, they can play the game on EA Access before release. If a person doesnt have Access, someone will have a twitch or Youtube vid of Access that will show real gameplay before release.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #10
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

So after going back to madden 17 here is what we got . At EA play 16 on day one we got the official trailer video. We got interviews with Rex and Clint. One cell phone capture that was in French and a couple of off screen vids barely showing off the game .
It wasn't till 4 days after EA play started that we got actual captured gameplay footage.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want to see the game, but I mean more about getting information for the new features
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #12
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Probably just because it isn't the best representation of their game. Plus, not allowing off-screen filming and then allowing their content creators to capture gameplay directly from the system and post it allows them to dictate exactly what is shown and what is said.

Getting videos is always nice but all of last years videos seemed so disingenuous because of their cookie cutter nature. Every video was limited to like no more than five or so minutes and they all talked about the same things and how amazing it was. They're essentially just used as promos now.
I get it that they have agreements with game changers for exclusive content, but as you did last year was so chopped up it was tough to get a full feel f the game. I think one or two was actual a full type game while the others were more hype videos. And pretty sure they all had to include that EA paid for them to fly to EAplay and all that legal stuff.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #13
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Rex posted on twitter that some videos may pop up but off screen filming will not be allowed this year. Never understood why they went to this rule.
1. The game is still in development (and demo builds take about 2 weeks to build from last stable build, so you're always working with a 3 week old version at least). You know how this community is, any flaw is going to be amplified. For a person there, the devs are present to explain things, but once a clip gets out on the internet all information control is lost and the community jumps to conclusions over bugs and placeholders that wont be there when the game is released. Right now, Madden is probably a month away from gold. It's in mid-beta, and there are bugs found and fixed and reintroduced every minute.

2. To focus information release. There's a strategy to marketing, and while the Madden marketing people generally have very poor strategies, there's a schedule for information release. They target market segments in particular ways and try to reveal information when it can have the greatest impact. If their big gameplay announcement for that final push in release week has been floating around in cell phone footage for 2 months, it loses impact.

3. It frankly looks like ****. Shaky cell cameras, huge amounts of background noise, it's just a horrible way to present a game. Nobody wants a Justice League trailer recorded off someone's cell phone, why would you want someone's **** footage of Madden?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #14
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Just hoping for a few blogs today maybe presentation and story mode. In one video maybe that 37 minute interview Rex did a week or ago. I thought he mentioned a streaming event for game changers/youtubers sometime in July.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:02 PM   #15
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I liked the old off screen footage. Was more interesting than some of these corny *** youtube cats. I get it though, makes more cents for EA......

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 12:05 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I liked the old off screen footage. Was more interesting than some of these corny *** youtube cats. I get it though, makes more cents for EA......
Madden has the WORST YouTube representation. Almost to a man they're obnoxious, loud, borderline unintelligible at times, and rarely make any clear points. When you look at the Bethesda focused YouTube Channels, it's glaring. Gopher, Brodual, Oxhorn... hell, even MXR is vastly superior to anybody Madden's got.

Reminds me when we were going to have a Madden podcast with me and Anthony White. Kinda died on the vine, but I think that would have been fun.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-10-2017 at 12:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »