Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-10-2017, 03:59 PM   #41
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Longshot

I thought it would be similar to Fifa's style. Never played it, but it is what it is however if they want to push/continue the innovative "story" route how about incorporating a "hardknocks" style narration for the CFM offseason that takes place after the draft that highlights position battles, camp walk-ons, camp injuries, standouts/underachievers, and cuts. A 6 week, weekly re-cap hardknocks style with clips and narration of the week that was until final cuts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2017, 04:01 PM   #42
Rookie

I'm pleasantly surprised. That actually blew me away. Well done EA. Now, let's keep chipping away at those NCAA licenses... NCAA 20???? 💥💥

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm no longer happy. What the hell are they thinking not allowing us to play in an NFL game. What a waste of space.

Last edited by NolaTexan; 06-10-2017 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Reading creators interview
Old 06-10-2017, 04:15 PM   #43
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I am sure the story mode appeals to some and that is great. I have no interest in it at all. I do not care if the mode is there, I just do not want it to take resources and time away from the rest of the game.

Yes, this 1000x. And, to anyone who wants to argue that certain resources are for x, y, and z, I ask, 'how much did they have to pay Marino? The main star? Anyone else in the story?' And, whatever devs they hired (maybe, they hired extra devs?), etc. Any/all of that money and resources could always go into hiring more devs to transform the animations, or create a weekly wrap up show in CFM, etc.

A story mode in a sports game just isn't needed at all. So strange. Although, as others have said, I get it if u want to create your OWN player, especially if u scan your own face and whatnot, and insert yourself into the draft or on your team in CFM or something. Or, simply have your own career outside CFM, somehow. I think football is always a little tricky here. While, u can create a story and have a career, it's just hard to work that into a career. Whereas, specifically related to basketball, u can absolutely create a bball player, play street ball, play in the NBA, etc. The NBA live thing looked cool (I think it was similar to 2k, but I've never played that mode much, so not sure how similar it was). There just seems like more options available. Football is 11 v 11, and that sort of makes it different, imo.

If the story ends with u getting drafted or picked up as a free agent to start your CFM, that might be interesting. But, it sounds like this is not the case. Yeah, Rex even said in an earlier interview he was hoping for more from the current story mode. So, maybe he wanted that type of functionality with the story character being added to CFM, or MUT, actually. At the end of the story, he could become a MUT card or something. And, based on your choices, he has different attributes or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM   #44
MVP

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

That's WILD you don't even play in the NFL. If that was the case, they should have held out till next year when they could have done everything they wanted.

Not even being able to play NFL games is mind boggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-10-2017, 04:22 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
That's WILD you don't even play in the NFL. If that was the case, they should have held out till next year when they could have done everything they wanted.

Ha! But they're doing EVERYTHING they wanted!
You see, this is how they get you....

"Madden NFL 19.... The underdog! Your journey continues"
Old 06-10-2017, 04:35 PM   #46
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

Don't forget about my favorite part: this has been in the works for four years.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 06-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #47
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

LMAO YOU DONT ACTUALLY GET TO PLAY IN THE NFL??????

PLEASE Tell me this isn't what they spent all there time on.... PLEASE

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 06-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #48
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
Don't forget about my favorite part: this has been in the works for four years.
I remember hearing one of their taglines before being something like story mode was something only possible on Frostbite which gives me a bit of confidence that the rest of the game won't have many issues with the transition. We shall see though. Hard to believe this and a couple screens was all we got from their conference today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »