Home

In depth Interview by Kat Bailey with Creative Director Mike Young on Longshot

This is a discussion on In depth Interview by Kat Bailey with Creative Director Mike Young on Longshot within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #49
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: In depth Interview by Kat Bailey with Creative Director Mike Young on Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
So my question stands, how is it that with over the majority of Maddens user base , warrant stealing what little resources already go to that mode, and get spread out to another game all together, as well as a new mode for Madden ?

I mean 65% is pretty high. Lets say they average 5 million copies of madden sold a year. That is 3,250,00 people buy the game for franchise.Lets just claim they only make 10$ per copy of madden sold. Thats only 32,500,000$ made because of Franchise alone. Now how much of that actually goes back to making CFM better? Seems like this year, not much at all.... yet they wonder why we have a hard time believing the " wait until next year" montra we hear so often......
I don't disagree at all with this, but, don't forget expenses, like, wages, salary, benes, advertising, marketing, etc......

I'm not digging the wait a year, either, it get's old after awhile.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #50
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: In depth Interview by Kat Bailey with Creative Director Mike Young on Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't disagree at all with this, but, don't forget expenses, like, wages, salary, benes, advertising, marketing, etc......

I'm not digging the wait a year, either, it get's old after awhile.
yeah im not, thats why i didnt figure it up them making 60$ per game copy sold and only said 10. That would be profit over all the above. Maybe its only 5$ per copy sold, still more than enough there to put some in CFM and still make over a million in profit from ONLY people who bought it and played CFM. Not even going into counting the millions they make per month off MUT ( Yes actual amount was told a couple years ago) .

And yes this is getting rather old. Starting back from 13....this will be 6th year in a row now..... how much more do we have to wait? Seriously.....

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #51
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Why do you assume it has to be either/or? I play both modes and I'm sure there are a lot of folks out there like me who also play both modes.
I wasn't assuming; It was a question I asked myself. I personally don't play much CFM because I don't like the UI; it lacks the feel of Head Coach which I liked...I was actually hoping Story Mode was going to be integrated into CFM and we could pick our position in High School, and work our way up through the ranks, and into the NFL; similar to how MLB The Show works their story type mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 09:58 AM   #52
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm just curious why would a dev listen to the complaints of someone who doesn't even play the mode? I'm trying to understand the logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 10:13 AM   #53
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm just curious why would a dev listen to the complaints of someone who doesn't even play the mode? I'm trying to understand the logic.

That is simple; someone, such as myself, have played in the past, and has tried playing each new iteration of the mode, and thus does have a grasp of what they like or do not like. Especially when we know what we want and nothing is being changed to meet our desires.

I'll try out CFM in M18, and see how it goes. But CFM in M17 wasn't impressive.. I prefer playing the story mode in MLB The Show, and I don't even like baseball compared to football, so it goes to show, at least for me, what it would take for CFM in MAdden to be attractive; also I would like CFM to have many of the key features of Head Coach, such as the UI, which gave it a very good atmosphere...
Old 06-14-2017, 10:17 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
And yes this is getting rather old. Starting back from 13....this will be 6th year in a row now..... how much more do we have to wait? Seriously.....
I am 47 years old. I have health issues. I don't know if I'll be alive next year. Some of us may not. Not joking either. I am also tired of the "just wait till next year" stuff! Let's have a big, huge year just one year please!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #55
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I am 47 years old. I have health issues. I don't know if I'll be alive next year. Some of us may not. Not joking either. I am also tired of the "just wait till next year" stuff! Let's have a big, huge year just one year please!

Lol. Then, u can finally just give up, let go, and pass on the next life where madden actually has a fantastic CFM. . Wait a minute, maybe we should all just end it right now. Gotta be a wicked CFM in heaven, yo! Lol.

And, I can just see that, actually, I'm getting there myself, blood pressure isn't great, I'm not the healthiest individual in the world. If they give me an amazing CFM with a wicked weekly wrap up show and more interactive qualities, I'll be so excited, I might have a heart attack!!! Lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 12:22 PM   #56
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If you're making a game, you want to know what you can do to get people who aren't playing it to play it just as much as you want to keep making the people who are playing it happy.

There are going to be limitations, of course - if you hate football, you probably will never buy Madden, for example - but listening to the constructive criticism of people who don't play a particular mode in your game may yield valuable insight as to how to make the mode better for everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »