Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-12-2017, 04:06 PM   #73
MVP

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
I am tired of hearing about how they are doing this and that to lay the ground for stuff down the road or in the future. This is ridiculous. They will not accept $10 for the game if I tell them I am laying the groundwork to pay them in the future. It is only because they have no competition that they can "lay the ground work for the future".

They should look at 2k and other developers who are hungry.

That being said, the game does look like it is shaping up to be better.
It's funny, you go over to the 2K forum and the exact opposite is being said about 2K by that games fans.

As for Madden, I'm one of the few who can see the progress this team is making with this game. Think of where we were just a few years ago with the debacle that was Madden 25 on the PS4/XOne. That game was awful.

To play that, and then to play 17, and then to hear all of the gameplay news about 18, how can a serious, hardcore football fan not be excited to play this game? They've even thrown us hardcore franchise guys a few bones, because they knew they weren't doing anything groundbreaking this year, but hey, they gave us something.

From what we're hearing, the gameplay is going to be astounding this season. Cleaning up all these legacy issues, innacurate QB's actually being inaccurate!! It's a Christmas Miracle.

It's getting to me that more people aren't celebrating all of this Sim oriented stuff the devs have been throwing to us on the low in between all of that Longshot and MUT promotional work.

Some of us see it, and we're pumped. Reservations are to be expected because of Maddens track record, but this dev team seems to be committed to bringing us a Sim on the field experience, while still keeping their competitive crowd happy with different gameplay settings. This is HUGE and people are acting like nothing is happening.

Man, for the first time in a LONG time, I'm actually pumped for the on the field gameplay in Madden.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 2

I am a minority, I play strictly offline Franchise and play only Coach mode or play of the moment. So for myself, The addition of POTM was amazing for me. But the broken issues of the game when released such as punting, the kicking game, lockups and others took the joy of the game away.

After several patches, I really began to enjoy it again. But with POTM there are still lockup and freeze issues, especially after FG's. So for us old guy's that are not thumb jockey's, we thank EA for giving us the ability to have CPU vs CPU.. What a blessing. I get no lockups with that style of play.

For myself. I am content with the game as it is so the only things I would like to see is that they keep CPU vs CPU and fix POTM that don't freeze. I would love to see them implant a preseason that actually meant something and some scrub players that turned into players where you actually had to make a decision of who to keep and who to cut. I don't need any of the fancy gimmicks and any OL play is not of any use to me. I would just like to see the fundamental game play cleaned up and functions that are supposed to work actually do. I would like to see a few missed FG other than long ones. And I hope they keep and even improve the ability to edit ALL players at any time. One more thing for players like myself. I would love to see them give us the ability to change our game plans at any time or at least at half time. That would be awesome for POTM and CPU vs CPU players especially if you see it isn't working out.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
As for Madden, I'm one of the few who can see the progress this team is making with this game. Think of where we were just a few years ago with the debacle that was Madden 25 on the PS4/XOne. That game was awful.
Madden 25 was a debacle? I don't remember anyone hating that game much on this site at the time. Now if you said Madden 06, that's a different story....
Old 06-12-2017, 04:17 PM   #76
MVP

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Madden 25 was a debacle? I don't remember anyone hating that game much on this site at the time. Now if you said Madden 06, that's a different story....
Man, it was sure as hell a debacle for me lol. I remember playing it once and hating every second of it.

Madden 06 on PS3 and 360 was a traveshamockery. For damn sure.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:19 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Man, it was sure as hell a debacle for me lol. I remember playing it once and hating every second of it.

Madden 06 on PS3 and 360 was a traveshamockery. For damn sure.
LOL. I respect that.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I don't think Madden did well out of the gate that year, either.

Madden Sales Down Significantly This Year
Old 06-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #79
All Star

OVR: 7

I haven't watched the interview yet but after reading some of the comments here are some of my views:
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Rex explains what is happening with CFM, basically it comes down to this year is a year to get the footing on the tech side. He mentions implementing the ability to push live content to CFM. While people will look at the "live commentary updates" and think it isn't big, he points out it the technology used that provides opportunities down the road. Imagine them being able to push in draft classes post draft next year? He also talks about bringing in other "tech" in that will allows for more stuff down the line.

Obviously, many will be mad they don't have it now but building the structure behind CFM is an important part of long term development. He reminds everyone once again he loves CFM, it isn't going anywhere, and it is a key part to their strategy. Also throws out 65% of their user base are CFM, so that was cool to hear.
Quote:
I'm also optimistic about the future of CFM right now. I think 17 had a solid foundation and if they've improved on it with regression fixes, coach adjustments and everything else, I think Madden 19 will come hard with CFM improvements and features.
But guys, we've heard this before. That was basically the whole sales pitch the first year they introduced connected careers. Thats what they said to get us on board, that it is so much easier to add things to this new mode, and now that the solid foundation is there expect great things from the mode. So no, for me the "future looks bright" argument does not cut it for me.

Regarding Longshot. I'm fine with the mode in theory. My only problem is when I hear that franchise development suffered because of this story mode. Absolutely inexcusable for what is best a side diversion to take away from one of, if not the, core mode of the game. You want to do a story mode EA, then add resources to the budget, don't reallocate them from elsewhere. This isn't on Rex though, hell he may feel the same way.

On gameplay, I have little to no doubts that it will be spectacular. My own little crusade/dead horse of dynamic and adaptive AI aside, my expectation is that this will be the best playing football game ever made.

Got nothing bad to say about Rex. I wanna give him a bro hug.
Simfballcritici on the other hand, in every video I've seen of his he is too developer friendly. Hey it works, he gets good interviews and Rex seems more open around him, but he comes off as Rex's hype man.

simfball: So Rex tell us about the improvements to owner mode.

Rex: We went all out this year to make this the most realistic owner mode ever. We actually added the technology to allow the user to set the number of restrooms in their stadium.

simfball:..Yes, yes, yes! You heard it here first sim world!! Rex is laying it down! They listening yall, they listening! The bar has been set!

I'll get Madden, I'll probably enjoy it greatly for 2 to 3 months, but then I expect the shallowness of CFM and lack of sufficient AI to become too big an issue to ignore. This development team is on point with gameplay. I've seen the streams over the years and the things they have introduced have wowed me. I want that reaction in a CFM stream/blog.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:07 PM   #80

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

My only issue with sharing technology from other sports is, why didn't they do it with NCAA Football. There are a few things I would love to see come over....namely studio updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »