Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 12:39 AM   #89
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Ian was cool, but a lot of promises were either broken or under delivered, which in my opinion has continued for Madden and continues for Madden till this day. We'll see how this year plays out. Just my opinion though. The game is definitely better, I'm not taking all their credit or anything. Definitely enjoy Madden more than I have in years, but I'm not typing "in Rex and Clint we trust" or any of that ****. It's still not up to par with the other sports games imo, besides NBA Live's terrible mess....
Just to get it out there, Rex does not occupy Ian's old position, Mike Young does. Madden has 2 creative directors, Game Modes and Gameplay.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #90
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

The surprise for today that Rex commented about....was it that Madden was playable in 4K at E3? Or is there something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-13-2017, 04:28 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd just be happy if they put offensive and defensive coordinators in the game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #92
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I play Franchise mode exclusively, so hearing that it is basically untouched (yet again) is a big blow to me. Like a poster said before, this is what keeps me coming BACK to play Madden once the "new car smell" has worn off. I can not fault them for all of the game play updates, honestly.....if it does half of what they're claiming, it will be a HUGE step forward. What really bothers me is the addition of this "long shot" mode and the Dev coming right out and admitting that its addition took away from Franchise being improved with the options we have been begging for, for the past 5+ years. Let's be real.....we have heard EVERY year that "next" year is the year for a franchise overhaul. When do we stop believing?? Why add a mode that, I'm betting, NO ONE would have complained if it were completely left out (Long Shot) at the direct expense of the mode that is the very reason most of your HARDCORE fans buy the game year in and year out???

I hope the game play improvements are as earth shattering as they are hyping them up.....but I'm STILL going to want something, ANYTHING to make the draft process actually enjoyable....or to be able to make my own college prospects since NCAA isn't around any more.....or highlights or something at half time that give you something to look forward to instead of click through, or.......I could keep going but you guys get it. Point is, as a Franchise only player, I sure hope I don't feel like EA just skipped over everything I value in the game just to be able to put "NEW MODE" on the back on the box.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:38 PM   #93
Pro

I'm looking forward to seeing the gameplay improvements, and I'm sure they will enhance the gameplay portion of CFM, but what about the non gameplay portion of the mode? Even if they decided not to add "new" features back in, surely they could have spent some time improving existing ones like 32 team control, scouting, and owners mode.

If Rex is accurate, and 65% of their user base plays franchise, then I'm at a loss understanding how ignoring the mode that 2/3's of your user base use makes any sense at all.

Last edited by Grey_Osprey; 06-14-2017 at 02:19 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:30 PM   #94
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

Trying to look at the situation on a realistic aspect, i am not thrilled that there are no "new" features for franchise and "Longshot" i wouldnt give a squirt of... You get it.

But if all of the legacy issues that he mentioned are fixed... i mean all of them, the zone coverage, man coverage actually covering corner routes, QBs getting hit in throwing motions resulting in sacks rather than incompletes are fixed this is major.
Adding ID the mike, coverage assignments and coaching options and biggest if simulation mode actually works and poor skilled players do poor, this will enhance my CFM experience greatly
Old 06-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #95
Rookie

Samzo77's Arena

I really got the impression from all of the interviews I've listened to and watching twitter for new info, that Rex is not into the Long Shot game mode, because it sounds like *he was over-ruled about what big feature to put in the game this year. He has said whatever it was he wanted to add to the game should be in the 19 version, but he continues to encourage the community to tell EA what we think of Long Shot and the lack of improvements to CFM. I even saw him like a tweet in which the person called Long Shots, "stupid."
That said, the promise of what is coming next year has been going on since Madden 13 introduced CFM. We've seen some improvements, but they're not great improvements. Contract feedback is still a crap shoot, scouting still allows gems to be found easily, a draft board coming in 18 is four years over due, we only just got open practices, and there is still no actual career mode. This is feedback we have given every year, and every year we spend $60 on a game that is promised to be better next year. Despite what Rex is saying about giving feedback, I just don't know how I can believe my feedback will ever be heard and not over-ruled by a marketing suit aiming for increased sales.For the record, on the field gameplay seems to be the only thing consistently getting improved from year to year, which I'm glad is a focus for the devs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 09:21 PM   #96
Rookie

That's the the problem about the future its only Madden since the NFL exclusive license. Xbox one has backwards compatibility so now I can get Nfl2k5 in 4k and update the rosters .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »