Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2017, 11:50 PM   #105
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Well I stand corrected. I did not see that. That is pretty awesome.

I personally don't think NFL 2K5 holds up to madden anymore. But I'll still probably pick it up and play it once or twice.

I would honestly say I've bought that game 10 times since it came out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by PVarck31; 06-13-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 12:15 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

I personally don't think NFL 2K5 holds up to madden anymore. But I'll still probably pick it up and play it once or twice.

But like you said earlier. It won't be in 4k. It will most likely be like most backward compatible game, just a straight port that allows you to pretty much play the game exactly how it was on original console with no changes.
There is a difference between backward compatible and Re-mastered Version. There would almost be no way they could remaster 2k5 without pretty much creating a new game.
But I would love a Re-mastered version of NCAA 14. That seems like it could be possible. Pretty much use current Frostbite Engine and Gameplay/Engine, and keep everything else same. I would buy that without hesitation.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31

Hell I would buy Madden 2005 also.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 01:11 AM   #108
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Grossman
Hell I would buy Madden 2005 also.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
For sure. My favorite Madden ever.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:24 AM   #109
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Let's steer the conversation back to Madden 18 please. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:30 AM   #110
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

If I can read between the lines in Rex's responses correctly, CFM didn't get a very deep update because they were forced to allocate resources to Longshot. Longshot better be really fun or I will be quite disappointed.

That said, the very few CFM updates seem to be critical ones (draft board, off the ball injuries- yes it's game play, but really that's a CFM thing), and the game play updates seem very very good (which will mend a lot of my broken heart regarding Franchise mode).

With the added visuals and physics adjustments, this seems to be a solid addition to the series. Yes, I'm disappointed about Franchise mode, but the upgrades seem great.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:35 AM   #111
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
If I can read between the lines in Rex's responses correctly, CFM didn't get a very deep update because they were forced to allocate resources to Longshot. Longshot better be really fun or I will be quite disappointed.
I think the bigger hit to franchise in terms of resources was probably NBA Live actually. In the Mr. GoldenSports interview with Rex he mentioned he had a presentation idea he wanted to do but that it'd have to wait 2-3 years because most of the people that would work on it were working on Longshot. Not saying there isn't any franchise guys that worked on it because I'm fairly certain Looman was but I think the area hit the hardest this year because of Longshot was presentation.

Rex seemed a little bit more flustered than usual with how to answer the question and I think it's because he knew, especially talking to Sim, that people would absolutely flip out if he just came out and said "well most of our franchise team has actually been working on NBA Live 18's franchise." Shopmaster said in his Q&A that John White was working on NBA Live and I don't think it's a stretch to think more of the franchise team has been as well to basically help lay a foundation for them moving forward.

The cynic in me says that this year wasn't about building big things for the future but more so to just make sure NBA Live can get off the ground and the only real benefit will be that the franchises will be on the same footing. But to that extent, the whole "shared tech" thing is another thing we've heard many times before but hasn't really seemed to ever bring any more to the table than before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #112
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
That said, the very few CFM updates seem to be critical ones (draft board, off the ball injuries- yes it's game play, but really that's a CFM thing), and the game play updates seem very very good (which will mend a lot of my broken heart regarding Franchise mode).

With the added visuals and physics adjustments, this seems to be a solid addition to the series. Yes, I'm disappointed about Franchise mode, but the upgrades seem great.
Also the fact that they added hundreds of common names to the commentary. That is a underrated feature that not many are talking about. It would be nice to hear/think that the generated players apart of this game, especially 3-5 years into season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »